Poll: What specific features would you prefer for alternate uniforms?

Poll: What specific features would you prefer in an alternate uniform?

• Total voters

Volosaurus rex

Doctorate in Volology
This poll will attempt to answer a question which was not sufficiently addressed in the previous poll: What specific features would you prefer in an alternate uniform? With the exception of the final poll option, which is my off-the-wall, flight-of-fancy, suggestion, all poll options represent schematic concepts that have been floated, with some degree of regularity, in other uniform threads. For the sake of argument, I am working from the premise that alternate uniforms will, indeed, become an occasional, if not regular, occurrence for Tennessee and that individual uniforms may incorporate multiple features which are listed below. Therefore, you may select up to five of the features or concepts included as poll options.

Please note additional, explanatory comments pertaining to options 7 and 8.

(7) “Retro” uniforms: True reproductions of uniforms previously worn by Tennessee (see the link below).

For a sample of fourteen uniforms worn over the course of Tennessee football history, see University of Tennessee Volunteers Football Uniform and Team History | Heritage Uniforms and Jerseys. If there are specific uniforms illustrated here that you would like to see replicated in the future, please specify in your comments.

(8) Addition of a third color (specify below) to UT’s existing scheme or for use on alternate uniforms.

If you specifically advocate black uniforms which minimize Tennessee orange to nothing more than an accent color, you are certainly entitled to that opinion. However, I would ask that you extend to me and other traditionalists the courtesy of making a truly compelling argument. I have yet to see one on this point.

Last edited:
Where's the "I don't want any more uniform thread choices??!!"

I apologize if its in there somewhere...but, I didn't read all that^^^

:shrug:

Reactions: 4 people
Are we choosing uniform changes that will please you or please the players who actually wear them?

I voted retro. I would like to see 1971 uniform. I dont want it to be a exact replica but just use that style as a base uniform and spice it up to give it a modern feel. It would be a good way to incorporate tradtion, something different and something new all together

Reactions: 3 people
Black helmets, white jerseys, orange pants, green socks, and purple shoes. Also, pink accessories to support breast cancer

Reactions: 2 people
I voted retro. I would like to see 1971 uniform. I dont want it to be a exact replica but just use that style as a base uniform and spice it up to give it a modern feel. It would be a good way to incorporate tradtion, something different and something new all together

I like this uniform as well.

we lose when we wear orange pants most of the time!!! Please no more orange pants!!!!

lol yea but we also have been losing no matter what we have been wearing! so i dont think that it was the orange pants! I like the orange pants a lil bit not huge fan of the all orange but a huge fan of orange pants and white jersey.

Reactions: 3 people
lol yea but we also have been losing no matter what we have been wearing! so i dont think that it was the orange pants! I like the orange pants a lil bit not huge fan of the all orange but a huge fan of orange pants and white jersey.

If we could ever solve the technological problems associated with producing Tennessee orange helmets, I believe that a road uniform which featured white jerseys and, as visual counterpoints, orange pants and helmets would be really stunning. That could, however, be a long ways into the future, based on what knowledgeable contributors have said on the topic.

If we could ever solve the technological problems associated with producing Tennessee orange helmets, I believe that a road uniform which featured white jerseys and, as visual counterpoints, orange pants and helmets would be really stunning. That could, however, be a long ways into the future, based on what knowledgeable contributors have said on the topic.

Is this sarcasm or a joke or is it really actually hard to produce our orange on a helmet? Because I've never heard that....

I always thought the Heath Shuler-era road jerseys were some of the prettiest we've ever worn: massive numerals with a pencil-thin double border (white inner, orange outer) and a narrow orange-white-orange stripe scheme at the extreme ends of sleeves.

Is this sarcasm or a joke or is it really actually hard to produce our orange on a helmet? Because I've never heard that....

No sarcasm or joke intended. You would have to do some serious searching in uniform threads but a number of other forum members, who are far more knowledgeable on this topic than I, have commented that the production of orange helmets in general, and Tennessee orange helmets in particular, is quite problematic. Perhaps some one in the proverbial "loop" on this matter will shed more insight regarding the specific problems involved. As best I recall, one of the arguments cited pertained to durability; helmets painted orange were prone to fading quickly from their original color.

Last edited:
This.
homeandhome_large_medium.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back