POsitive take away

TNV

Well unlike some on this board I'm no arm chair Gruden but I did watch the game. Looked to me that although the team got it handed to them by a clearly FASTER and better team today they did not QUIT. Even up to the last play the team was playing hard. It is what it is about Oregon's speed but the team didn't quit unlike they did under Kiffy and Dools. Big time learning experience for the boys but for the first time pre-clawfense our boys showed heart through the ENTIRE game.

Reactions: 2 people
Big learning experience for sure. Also think the rest of the schedule will be a learning experience for CBJ. He will get his taste of the SEC. I hope we turn it around. He can recruit with the sec, but I hope we can play with the sec.

i didn't like the fact that we didn't want to score with over a minute left in the game and 3 time outs. that is sad.

We didn't give up like we would have last season. That's refreshing. We will get there, and take our loses on the way up.

Big learning experience for sure. Also think the rest of the schedule will be a learning experience for CBJ. He will get his taste of the SEC. I hope we turn it around. He can recruit with the sec, but I hope we can play with the sec.

I like the CBJ's energy and enthusiasm so far but if we keep getting blown away like this I'm afraid the recruiting class may fall apart. Also, I'm not convinced either or OC or DC are good enough for SEC football - they had a lot of time to prepare for this game and we looked as bad as I have ever seen us (I can't ever remember UT offense and defense look this bad during the same game).

One positive is that Nathan Peterman looked to actually have the arm strength needed to play qb at the d1 level. That's an ability that Worley doesn't posses.

VN Store

Back