Post Commitment Recruiting

surrealvol

You know, going after a recruit after he has already committed to another school is a little bit like going after a guy's fiance after they have gotten engaged.

I don't see how these kids can trust a coach who actively pursues an already committed recruit.

Now if a kid decommits, that's another thing, but I see it as a borderline ethical violation to keep after committed recruits.

What do you guys think?

I know lots of schools and coaches do this but I am just saying that I think you should leave a kid alone if he says he is going to a given school. Also, if he is the one snooping around rather than the school, the loyalty thing sorta comes into question.

Now, what do you all think?

I think that these kids really want to be inerrant in their decision about what they are doing and where they are going. Most want to play on Sundays, so where they go to build their stats is important. Now, having said that......No, I don't think that coaches should pursue players after they have given some kind of commitment. Not only is it disrespectful to the instution that the player commited to, it is disrespectful to the players. I'm still not able to get over Williams going to Auburn and I put Tommy "the ears" Tubby at the bottom of my list for that one thing. College football is a big business with a lot of money involved. Anytime there is a lot of money at stake, indecent proposal's are going to happen.

If you haven't noticed, commitment means NOTHING these days. A kid on the USA AA game said he is committed to XYZ school, but he's still taking his visits. what the hell does that mean? Check out Eugene Hayes, one of our committs. He's doing the same thing. Pegues at LSU and others.....

Truth is that many of these kids are not committed until the LOI hits the fax machine.

well, i say if you can convince them to come to your school after you already commited to one school then that means they have something there real specail that you want. why not persue a kid. thats what recruting is all about.

Some of these kids need the ego-stroking that recruitment brings. Most of them probably know from jump where they will be going to school, but cannot resist the wining and dining that colleges give them.

Can't say I really blame them either.

That is a good point LIO. Some of these guys do enjoy that. Especially the ones that vist Bama. They come back with some money in their pocket.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jan 19, 2005 5:03 PM
That is a good point LIO. Some of these guys do enjoy that. Especially the ones that vist Bama. They come back with some money in their pocket.

:lol:

Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@Jan 19, 2005 2:38 PM
If you haven't noticed, commitment means NOTHING these days. 

What ever happened to those good ole days? You know, when you spit in your hand and shook on it. When your word was all you had.

VN Store

Back