Post your bowl game experience here!

KoachKrab127

I went to the Citrus Bowl today with some family. It was my first ever bowl game, and the first time I had been to a UT game in 10 years!

I was sitting right behind the goalposts on the Iowa side, very close to the Pride of the Southland Marching Band. They were excellent seats, not bleachers, and very comfortable. My brother-in-law sent a screenshot of us. We got on TV!

The stadium was 70% Vols, and only 65% full. LOTS of empty seats on the Iowa side. I almost caught a football when the Iowa kicker was warming up before the game. It went right over my head.

There was an extremely obnoxious Iowa fan sitting behind me. He was yelling and talking smack after every play early on, but after UT’s interception in the end zone, he was VERY quiet the rest of the game, and left in the 3rd quarter. So, very glad of that.

It truly was a perfect day for football. 65 degrees and partly cloudy. I actually got a little bit of sun. I had a great time. The 35-0 beatdown helped, though, that’s for sure!

I thought Nico played well. He wasn’t perfect, but he didn’t make any big mistakes, and deserved the MVP with those 4 TDs. He seems very shifty and slippery when running the ball. He was extremely accurate on those short out routes. I hope his ability to make quick decisions when throwing the ball improves. I’m confident it will.

The pace and format of the game reminded me of the Casey Clausen days. We played excellent defense, ran the ball really well, and slowly put the inferior opponent away. We played field position effectively, and the defense gave our offense excellent opportunities to score points (the fumble recovery close to the goal line & the pick 6).

In summary, we had a great time. I like the bowl game atmosphere. I’d like to go to another (hopefully a playoff game?) in the near future!

Last edited:
Nice write up 👊🏼
We went! Our first bowl game too, outside of the horrid Music City Bowls.

Great experience. The stadium staff was so kind and friendly, it was as good as the service here at the JW/Ritz Grande Lakes complex where we’re staying. Ha! Enough for my husband to want to write an email to someone about it.

The only Iowa fans within sight were unfortunately sitting on either side of our seats. We were sandwiched, and in the Vols section too. So weird. Our section was about half full and it was all Vols in ours, as well as the two sections next to ours….except of course our row. Just our luck, right? Great atmosphere but my kids said Neyland is way better. 😎

All 8 of the Iowa fans surrounding us left in the third quarter. I overheard my 6 year old say to his brother and sister that he felt sorry for the Iowa fans, and the 8 year old replied with “Yeah, this is a beat down. I feel bad for their team.” Ahahaha! It was so innocently said, but a total dagger.

The dudes sitting next to me literally left within 60 seconds of that and I know they heard it. It was really quiet at the time and all of my children scream talk anyway.

Not sure how it looked on TV, but man Nico and Pearce took control of the field. Looked like field generals for each side of the ball. Team looked confident. Loved it.

Sat in nosebleeds b/c wasn’t sure if my 5 year old would make it through 4 quarters. Her first ever game. Didn’t want to spend money on lower bowl in case we needed to split early. Beautiful day. Lower bowl seemed like a lot of fun. Lots of families in upper bowl.

Attachments

• IMG_0708.jpeg
    IMG_0708.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Had a blast. Iowa fans were super cool that were around me.

View attachment 606900
The ones sitting on either side of our seats were fine. Very quiet though, not very talkative, even when Iowa would make a good play. Two bozos were several rows behind us on a completely empty row and were pretty bad. I think they were intentionally there to heckle. They came over out of nowhere after the game had started. The Vols fans were not amused.

They moved to another section after the Vols went up by 14 and a good number of the rankled Vols fans around us turned around and started loudly cheering in their direction/at them.

The guys were pretty drunk too, but we only had to endure it for less than a quarter.
Not sure where their actual seats were located.

Last edited:
First time I’ve been to a Citrus Bowl. We had a great time too. Absolutely beautiful day and hard to ask for much more than a 35-0 win. Really fun trip, would definitely return if we played there again. Iowa fans I ran into were all cool.IMG_8301.jpeg

On tv when Iowa made a big play( which was only a handful in the first half) and the angles they showed seemed like about over 60% Iowa fans.

VN Store

Back