Postgame interviews - Miss. State (TV talks about the scuffle in the 5th)

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member

--I heard him say it during the post game segment on SECN, but in this interview, Drew Beam again says "Behnke in particular, to come out there and just throw his nuts off. He threw really well." lol

--It wasn't in this interview, it was in the segment on TV after the game, but I liked hearing Blake Burke talk about how close this team is and how they want to keep winning so they can play more games together. Good chemistry.

--Vitello said, "Behnke was a man possessed."

--At the 7:12 mark Vitello talks about what happened in the 5th inning when things got a little chippy -- The conference asked us not to shake hands after the game. All of the players on the field were all cordial, these guys have a ton of respect for one another. We thought we were out of the inning a couple of times. Beam's our guy out there and I was boiling. I tried not to show it and I didn't say anything to the umpire. I'm not used to a bunch of guys hollering out my name and not reacting. If our players are yelling out "Dave" to coach Van Horn then we've go a problem. Maybe I bring it on myself but I reacted then they reacted. I ain't in the game. These freak athletes are going to decide who wins and loses from here on out. Maybe they were yelling my name to thank me, because with that emotional swing Drew had, we should have had someone ready earlier and should have taken him out of the game.

--Vitello on Sechrist -- Zander hates me and likes me. We had him hot before we tied the game. I was looking out for him, because I didn't want to leave here without him throwing an inning or at least to a hitter. We'll see where he's at, it's not like he can't pitch tomorrow. We'll probably attack tomorrow in a different way.

--Vitello on Chapman at DH and whether has he done anything to warrant more opportunities -- I think so, you're going to get a competitive at bat. He's able to adjust with two strikes and can certainly get a bunt down as he's done a couple of times for us. You can hear it in Blakes voice, those guys have a lot of respect for him, how he goes about his business and also his ability.

--On Cannon Peebles -- He's kind of been labeled as our RBI guy off the bench and he's done well in those situations. The one thing you always get out of him is some fight in the box. He's certainly capable behind the plate and has the arm as well.

Interesting that Tony mentioned if his players called out another coaches name he’d be mad at them. Is he saying that MSU during the kerfuffle was more focused on getting a rise out of him than some of our players lol? Wild how much Tony is in the heads of other fanbases and players. Damn I love this guy.

Interesting that Tony mentioned if his players called out another coaches name he’d be mad at them. Is he saying that MSU during the kerfuffle was more focused on getting a rise out of him than some of our players lol? Wild how much Tony is in the heads of other fanbases and players. Damn I love this guy.
CTV IS in their heads, especially vandie' s Corbin. Make that pointy dore-head squirm today! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Our guys were fired up by the Miss State players yelling at Tony and Tony not standing for it, and their coach running on to the field as if he actually wanted to fight. 😂

It's noteworthy that Miss State never scored another run after that moment. We scored 3 in 3 innings and won.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back