Pre-game note for Butch: prove them wrong

ile3000gt

He so Sexy
I'm sick and tired of all of the national analysts picking WKU as the "upset of the week". Not one has picked UT and i have heard at least 15 pick WKU. Western went to a bowl last year and UT hasn't been bowling in 3 years. If this game is that cut and dry, is it really an upset? It's all "WKU has the best offensive player, defensive player, and coach" (bull effing s!). And petrino is taking this one personal and wants to win this game more than a sunbelt championship. Obviously, if I've heard all of this CBJ has too and he is likely using it to tick off our players.

So...Butch, get our guys ready to play some Tennessee football, lets show WKU and the national media what our University is all about and let everyone know where we are headed. You have permission to completely throttle petrino (nh) if you have the opportunity. And when we win, I will call every radio show I can on Monday, and tell them all "BUTCH PLEASE"!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Didn't see the McShay thread. Just woke up mad after listening to sports radio during my 5 hour drive last night. Feel free to merge if deemed necessary

It's just trendy. The real guys would've picked Bobby last week. Its good to extend respect, but WKU over UT is just silly. Possible, sure, but to sell it to an audience when you didnt believe he would upset UK last week. Chumps

They can see that BP on a roll, even after losing to UT, could go 11-1 and finish in the top 25. Which of course, none of them talked about pre-season either.

IMO, It's not hard to understand why WKU is being picked by so many. I certainly have my concerns with this game, based on the current state of the program. I think this will be a close game. This team has to learn to win close games and this should be a good test.

I get it, Petrino, bla bla offensive genius....bla bla great track record...bla bla weasel.....so effing tired of hearing about Bobby Effing Petrino.

UT has a pretty damn good coach too, ya know?

Reactions: 1 person
I'm sick and tired of all of the national analysts picking WKU as the "upset of the week". Not one has picked UT and i have heard at least 15 pick WKU. Western went to a bowl last year and UT hasn't been bowling in 3 years. If this game is that cut and dry, is it really an upset? It's all "WKU has the best offensive player, defensive player, and coach" (bull effing s!). And petrino is taking this one personal and wants to win this game more than a sunbelt championship. Obviously, if I've heard all of this CBJ has too and he is likely using it to tick off our players.

So...Butch, get our guys ready to play some Tennessee football, lets show WKU and the national media what our University is all about and let everyone know where we are headed. You have permission to completely throttle petrino (nh) if you have the opportunity. And when we win, I will call every radio show I can on Monday, and tell them all "BUTCH PLEASE"!

Just remember last year when Amerson was "all world", Glennon was the second coming of Peyton and the Wolfpack was a legitmate ACC contender. All BS. Amerson was lit up like a Christmas tree and Glennon spent some time on his back and turning it over.

I'm sure Butch is reading this post to the team right now, what a glorious post.

I honestly don't blame them for picking this as an upset special. I could understand why. We haven't been even been mediocre the past 3 years.

Still, I believe we will win.

Make a list of names of all those picking WKU, and we will taunt them ruthlessly when the Vols win in a blowout.

College whip around just said no one in Knoxville should feel comfortable

if wku wouldn't have turned the ball over 6 times they would be leading. tennessee is a 6-6 team at best this year. they are not good. we won't keep the game with in 40 pts next week. just the way it is. looks alot like dooley's club, we seem to have some talent but not enough to compete against good teams. still may lose this game who knows.

VN Store

Back