Pre Spring Drills Top 25

Backup Brent Schaeffer could be a starter for a lot of teams................

Interesting quote when everybody....in TN is hoping he leaves...seems like!!!!

I like that ranking...high expectations on "the Hill"!!!

I too like the ranking. But I dont like the fact that they have Iowa at #2. I can stand being number 3, but I dont know why Iowa is number 2.

Probably because they've won 10 games for 3 or 4 years in a row.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Mar 4, 2005 8:09 PM
Didn't Iowa get some highly-sought recruits that UT wanted?

I dont know if it was people we wanted but they got a hell of a lot of good ones!!!

orangeblur - Tennessee Fans aren't hoping he's leaving as you say but UT fans all know his history and also know what he he has told the media nad other players. Ainge is the better QB and Schaeffer will have his hands full trying to hold on to #2. He has stated that he will transfer if he's not the starter and we all know he transferred 3 times in high school to be the man. He's a great athlete but he's not the best QB on the hill for spring practice and he wont be the best come fall either. I hope he stays but if he wants to be the starting QB then it'll be somewhere else.

I suppose I can understand Iowa being at number two. Any team that can make it through the Big Ten undefeated this next year will be a very good team.

Iowa won't last at #2......Michigan will knock them off or OSU will...They will be good next year but not #2 good.....Florida is at #7....How is that? They've got a new coach and went 8-5 last year....Can you say, overrated?

I don't even think that Iowa would be considered for #2 if LSU's defense would have covered their guys.

The sports world loves those kind of endings......Look at how many times we have seen Doug Flutie throw that hail mary.

Iowa will be a good team, but not that good.

i like it... but this is not the most talented team fulmer has coached. the underachieving 97' team was probably the most talented.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Mar 5, 2005 9:04 AM
I don't even think that Iowa would be considered for #2 if LSU's defense would have covered their guys.

The sports world loves those kind of endings......Look at how many times we have seen Doug Flutie throw that hail mary.

Man, there's no inconsistency with this Iowa team. They have had three straight ten-win seasons, and this is supposed to be their best team ever. And let's face it, the rankings between Texas, Tennessee, Iowa, Ohio State, LSU and Michigan are really anybody's guess.

Iowa will lose to someone.....The Big 10 is just too good...Ohio State will probably beat them....when the pre season polls come out I will be interested to see where we are and where they are...Its a given who will be #1

checkerboard_charly - By far the most talented team in the Fulmer era was the 99 team with the 97 team a distant 2nd.

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Mar 5, 2005 5:46 PM
checkerboard_charly - By far the most talented team in the Fulmer era was the 99 team with the 97 team a distant 2nd.

hey man. that is ur opinion. but we lost alot of players off the nc team. so how could the 99 team be the best?

'99 Starters:
TE - John Finlayson
OT - Chad Clifton, Josh Tucker
OG - Fred Weary, Cosey Coleman
OC - Spencer Riley
WR - Cedrick Wilson, Eric Parker, Donte Stallworth
FB - Phillip Crosby, Will Bartholomew
TB - Jamal Lewis, Travis Henry, Travis Stephens
QB - Tee Martin

DE - Shaun Ellis, Will Overstreet (back-ups - Omari Hand, DeAngelo Lloyd)
DT - Billy Ratliff, Darwin Walker (back-ups - John Henderson, Rashad Moore)
LB - Eric Westmoreland, Raynoch Thompson, Keyon Whiteside and Dominique Steveson
CB - Andre Lott, Dwayne Goodrich
S - Fred White, Deon Grant

Players lost off 98 team
Jarvis Reado OT Starter
Peerless Price WR Starter
Jermaine Copeland WR
Al Wilson LB Starter
Ron Green DT
Jeff Coleman DT
Corey Terry DE
Shawn Bryson FB Starter
Steve Johnson DB

Top to bottom more talented than the 97 team.

nah.

i dont think so. but everyone is entitled to thier opinion man.

my dad keeps telling me that the best team he ever saw was the 85 team that crushed miami in the orange bowl. they also beat auburn with bo jackson.

i was only 4 or 5, so i dont remember that year.

anyone know about that team?

I loved the '85 team. That team really came out of nowhere to win the SEC when GA and Auburn were supposed to rule the SEC. But talent-wise it was probably nowhere near what we had in the late 90s.

Tony Robinson to Tim McGee was a lethal combination though.

yeah ur probably right.....but it sure is nice to know we spoiled the damn "U's" title run in the bowl game.

MAN I HATE FLORIDA TEAMS.

i was sitting here looking at the link, and my god usc has a soft schedule.

they have no challenges in front of them. that could hurt them come bowl time though.

here look...........

Sat 09/03/2005 Hawai'i Honolulu, Hi. TBA
Sat 09/17/2005 Arkansas L.A. Coliseum TBA
Sat 09/24/2005 Oregon Eugene, Ore. TBA
Sat 10/01/2005 Arizona State Tempe, Ariz. TBA
Sat 10/08/2005 Arizona L.A. Coliseum TBA
Sat 10/15/2005 Notre Dame South Bend, Ind. NBC-TV 2:30 p.m. EST
Sat 10/22/2005 Washington Seattle, Wash. TBA
Sat 10/29/2005 Washington State (Homecoming) L.A. Coliseum TBA
Sat 11/05/2005 Stanford L.A. Coliseum TBA
Sat 11/12/2005 California Berkeley, Calif. TBA
Sat 11/19/2005 Fresno State L.A. coliseum TBA
Sat 12/03/2005 UCLA L.A. Coliseum TBA

also, iowa will be good but they have a long road ahead of them..

and my god lsu is loaded, just think...we have to go to death valley. and that is after we leave the swamp. :furious3: who made our schedule? :yikes:

Arizona State, Cal and Notre Dame should all be tough. All on the road, all against good teams.

I think Arizona State is returning almost all of their starters, as well as getting a better running game added to an already brilliant pass offense, and building some semblance of a defense.

Tedford should be in full swing by now and have things going in Berkeley. They won't be as good as last season, but still a good team and will have a chance at the upset.

We all know what's going on with the Domers.

The last one I forgot to mention is Oregon. Mike Belotti needs to realize the kind of recruits he's got and put them to good use. Oregon has probably the worst talent management in the country. If Belotti can shape things up, Autzen will be a very dangerous place to play.

The 85 team was just that a team, they were no where near as talented as either the 97 or 99 teams but they had a will to win and played for each other.

Not that is matters but you can have the 97 team and I'll take the 99 team and I'll beat you 7 out of 10.

If we are undefeated on Sept. 25th after defeating two top 7 opponents in thier houses. We should move to the top of the rankings and the only thing that could bring us down for the next 3 or 4 years will be our inability handle success. We have never been a team that consistently dominated and we always seem to do our best when we are in the underdog situation. If we could aspire to the mental toughness that Auburn displayed this past year and combined it with the talent we have, it won't be USC carrying the "Dynasty" monniker, it will be TENNESSEE!

The only way USC will be unseated this season is if they win by the skin of their teeth and we dominate all our opponnents... Which, given our style of play, will not happen. If we can manage an undefeated regular season and SEC championship, the only thing that can keep us out of the Rose Bowl would be if a Big Ten team did the same thing, which will probably not happen.

VN Store

Back