Predict The Sec Standings

BeltwayVol

This is something I do each year and it's pretty fun. Get yourself a copy of the SEC schedule, and go through and predict the winners each week, then post the standings as they will be at the end of the season. I'll start....

SEC WEST
Alabama 9-2 (KEY WINS- Florida, LSU, @Auburn) (KEY LOSSES- @ S. Carolina, Tennessee)
LSU 8-3 (KEY WINS- Arizona St., Arkasas) (KEY LOSSES- Tennessee, Florida, @Alabama)
Arkansas- 6-5 (KEY WINS- Auburn) (KEY LOSSES- @ So. Cal, @ Alabama, @ Georgia, S. Carolina, @ LSU)
Auburn 5-6 (KEY WINS- Ole Miss) (KEY LOSSES- Ga Tech, So. Carolina, @ Arkansas, @ LSU, Alabama)
Ole Miss 3-8 (KEY WINS- @ Vanderbilt, @ Miss. St.) (KEY LOSSES- @ Memphis, Wyoming, @ Tennessee, Kentucky)
Miss. St. 3-8 (KEY WINS- Murray St., @ Tulane, Houston) (KEY LOSSES- Ole Miss)

SEC EAST
Tennessee 11-0 (KEY WINS- @ Florida, @ LSU, Georgia, @ Alabama, So. Carolina, @ Notre Dame)
Florida 9-2 (KEY WINS- @ LSU, @ So. Carolina, Georgia Florida St.) (KEY LOSSES- Tennessee, @ Alabama)
Georgia- 9-2 (KEY WINS- Boise St., So. Carolina, Ga Tech) (KEY LOSSES- @ Tennessee, Florida)
South Carolina 8-3 (KEY WINS- Alabama, @ Auburn, @ Arkansas, Clemson) (KEY LOSSES- @ Georgia, @ Tennessee, Florida)
Kentucky 5-6 (KEY WINS- @ Ole Miss, @ Vandy) (KEY LOSSES- Louisville, Auburn, Tennessee)
Vanderbilt 2-9 (KEY WINS- Richmond, Middle Tennessee) (KEY LOSSES- @ Wake Forest, @Tennessee)

SEC Championship- Tennessee vs. Alabama

i actually think it'll be Bama in the West too.
but tennesee in the east!

It could be,but I pick LSU. Also though with LSU the NEW COACH factor. So maybe the Alabama isn't all that bad of a pick.

Head to Head in the west i think LSU out talents Bama.

The bama D' should still be the factor that will keep them in the race for the West.

I only have a few small tweeks to Beltwayvol's post. Its pretty close all around to what i have. exceptions Sc 7-4 my list. Going to say that SC doesnt beat AUB & Bama but 1 or the other.

Les Miles seems like a good coach. He did really well at Oklahoma State considering his neighbor, Stoops is probably the best recruiter in the game right now.

LSU is more or less stocked, and I think Bama just can't keep up with them.

Tennessee vs. LSU for the SECCG

East
Tennessee
Florida
Georgia
South Carolina
Vanderbilt
Kentucky

West
LSU
Alabama
who cares

Tennessee v/s Bama in the SECCG with us handing Bama their tails in another game....Except this time we do it twice in one year

Originally posted by #10_Ainge_#10@May 22, 2005 9:50 PM
Tennessee v/s Bama in the SECCG with us handing Bama their tails in another game....Except this time we do it twice in one year
[snapback]97262[/snapback]​

It may go down as the greatest season ever if we get to beat Bama twice in one year :rocks: :rocks:

How hard do you think tickets in Atlanta will be to get if it is a Bama/UT rematch?

This looks like a nice board.

I think LSU will meet either UT or UF in the SECCG. We just have too much talent to lose to anyone in the West this year, and the schedule is favorable too with all of the tough teams (Auburn, Tennessee, and Florida) coming into Tiger Stadium. I think we'll go 10-1 with a regular season loss to either Tennessee or Florida. Going undefeated is a strong possibility due to our talent level, but I doubt it.

Alabama's D is good, but we have too much talent on the offensive side of the ball.

LSU will win the West. Neither Auburn nor Alabama have the talent that their team does.

With that said, LSU could and may very well lose 2 games next year. As talented as Russell is, he is still just a sophmore who struggled a LOT at times last year and wasn't exactly known as a big time off-the-field worker. Granted, that has changed per reports but we will see.

Alabama has a lot of depth problems, not a good OL, and a QB who is very injury prone and finished dead last in Pass Eff. in 2003

Originally posted by TigerRagAndrew@May 23, 2005 1:26 PM
This looks like a nice board. 

I think LSU will meet either UT or UF in the SECCG.  We just have too much talent to lose to anyone in the West this year, and the schedule is favorable too with all of the tough teams (Auburn, Tennessee, and Florida) coming into Tiger Stadium.  I think we'll go 10-1 with a regular season loss to either Tennessee or Florida.  Going undefeated is a strong possibility due to our talent level, but I doubt it.

Alabama's D is good, but we have too much talent on the offensive side of the ball.
[snapback]97367[/snapback]​

Welcome to the board. Man, you guys have a schedule as bad as us - having Florida and us at the same time as Eastern Division opponents?! Your LSU prediction sounds like a carbon copy of my prediction of us - Great talent makes your heart say undefeated, but a brutal schedule makes your mind say a loss or two might be inevitable.

VN Store

Back