Pretender?

eb=pain

down the field
Merge if need. Watching espn recruiting on the u. ranking finishing of recruiting and they had current top 5 contender and pretenders they said both tennessee and miami are pretenders? said good try butch jones... i wish i could speak openly how i feel but i will hold back. o by the way contenders: Florida State Alabama and Georgia shocked???? no

<You know how ESPN feels about us, correct?

Don't know how we are a pretender when our recruits are ranked with the same method as everyone else??? ESPN homers will often conduct Homerism!

Reactions: 4 people
They have to come up with something to say on those shows. Nobody will tune in to hear "There are no changes in the recruiting rankings to report this week." Its a non issue.Annnnd if they are serious....screw em.

Reactions: 2 people
<You know how ESPN feels about us, correct?

Don't know how we are a pretender when our recruits are ranked with the same method as everyone else??? ESPN homers will often conduct Homerism!

...and sway voters for their pick for the Heisman.

Reactions: 1 person
Its gonna be a task to not only hold this recruting class together for 5 more months, but also add to it, especially with everything thats going on. A big win would go a long way with renergizing the commits and keeping the momentum going. Right now we dont have respect, and the way to get that back is go win games. I think we are on the right track and those dufus' at ESPN will jump right back on the UT bandwagon soon.

I was watching and Lugenbill said its gonna be tough to hang on to the class after the season plays out. Not saying he's wrong but it's funny we get labeled pretenders and then he adds that little comment. Not surprising though. It is what it is right now.

Same old crap from espn it shouldn't suprise anybody by now. The only reason we are labelled as a pretender is because we haven't been good the last couple of seasons just like miami. But I got a feeling that both us & miami are on our way back up. GO VOLS

Reactions: 2 people
I agree both us and miami making their way. He also made a comment about josh malone is the big target we need which i agree. But with 25 commits its going to be hArd was the final comment.

The funny thing is. If we manage to pull some upsets and have a good season. They will all be on Butch like a fat kid on cake.

Reactions: 3 people
Their words carry a lot of weight with recruits it seems. Lol

I am kind of surprised at the Miami comment. They usually cuddle up to Miami.

Reactions: 1 person
How hard will it be for ole miss/vandy/kentucky/auburn even So cal to hold on if things go south.They are bobble heads who talk but say nothing. Nothing to see here lets just move along.

Merge if need. Watching espn recruiting on the u. ranking finishing of recruiting and they had current top 5 contender and pretenders they said both tennessee and miami are pretenders? said good try butch jones... i wish i could speak openly how i feel but i will hold back. o by the way contenders: Florida State Alabama and Georgia shocked???? no

Atleast David Green gave Butch some props on college football live. Feels good to hear something about TN that's not so negative. GO VOLS

Recruit s actually like butch win a few big games and we easily become a big contender more so than now

Also said we have less than 0% chance of winning Saturday.

yep, they have been stating that for a couple of days...LESS than 0 chance. Talking smack on every show , in every instance, at every opportunity. I hope Jones is using this as motivation.

F espn

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back