Prince Fant is Legit

WiseOlVol

Unlikely he'll be drafted, as he wasn't ranked in the Top 20 at the TE position.

IMHO, he has the tools to play in the NFL and well. He was a late bloomer here and, in the WR-centric offense, didn't have a chance to build stats.

Good size. Fast for TEs. Good hands. Good blocker. Reminds me of Oklahoma's All-American Keith Jackson.

Ought to make it as a Free Agent.

Unlikely he'll be drafted, as he wasn't ranked in the Top 20 at the TE position.

IMHO, he has the tools to play in the NFL and well. He was a late bloomer here and, in the WR-centric offense, didn't have a chance to build stats.

Good size. Fast for TEs. Good hands. Good blocker. Reminds me of Oklahoma's All-American Keith Jackson.

Sounds like a New England Patriot type pickup

I think Fant will make a team as well, but he's not close to a Keith Jackson level. Not too many have been.

LOL

y'all forget he was on the team for 4 years... he had 1 good year

imagine what DWA would have done with heup

Reactions: Carp

I think that Fant and Carvin and Flowers and Brooks will all sign free agent deals somewhere in the NFL.

Cordarrelle Patterson and Debo Samuel come to mind. My "hot take" is that He'll land on a team that loves position versatility and or have a creative offensive coordinator... and He'll receive votes for Offensive rookie of the year.

Reactions: WiseOlVol

He will be a steal for a team!

You had us in the first half.

The bolded is where Fant struggled. If he had improved his block game could have easily went in round 4-6.

I think he signs an FA deal or plays in the USFL.

Last edited:
So the ones left out so far are: Flowers, Carvin, Brooks. did McGrath even try out? Haven't seen his name anywhere.

This was a a very tough draft for TEs. Only one taken in the first round where it was predicted there were multiple first round TE talents. You just never know.

Reactions: Smokefatty

Any Keith Jackson takes me back to the infancy of my college football intro years.

Legit but a free agent? Oxymoron? Not a slight to Fant, but I just thought there was more than a wee bit of irony here.

VN Store

Back