Professor goes viral after hiding money on campus, in syllabus

AshG

Easy target
I think I mentioned this in passing. The Prof is one of my friends and a fraternity brother from the next uni over. I laughed when he posted this on social media, now he's gone viral.

A professor hid a cash prize on campus. All students had to do was read the syllabus - CNN

He put a fifty dollar bill in a music locker and his the info in the attendance section of the syllabus:

"The hint read: "Thus (free to the first who claims; locker one hundred forty-seven; combination fifteen, twenty-five, thirty-five), students may be ineligible to make up classes and ..." This would have led students to a locker that contained a $50 bill, free to the first student to claim it. But at the end of the semester, when he went to check the locker, the bill was still there."

Seventy students in his music survey class, not a single one took the bait.

Can't indoctrinate when you can't get them to read.

I think I mentioned this in passing. The Prof is one of my friends and a fraternity brother from the next uni over. I laughed when he posted this on social media, now he's gone viral.

A professor hid a cash prize on campus. All students had to do was read the syllabus - CNN

He put a fifty dollar bill in a music locker and his the info in the attendance section of the syllabus:

"The hint read: "Thus (free to the first who claims; locker one hundred forty-seven; combination fifteen, twenty-five, thirty-five), students may be ineligible to make up classes and ..." This would have led students to a locker that contained a $50 bill, free to the first student to claim it. But at the end of the semester, when he went to check the locker, the bill was still there."

Funny. The syllabus was the only thing I did read in some classes as that told me whether or not I had to go to class or if I could just show up on test days.

What do you expect? They are music majors. When do they ever have to read anything outside of sheet music?

Seriously?

Last edited:
Reactions: NEO and Rickyvol77

Some students are lazy. I always read my syllabus for every class.

Reactions: AshG

Something tells me that the easiest to indoctrinate would be the ones who don't read.

VN Store

Back