Proposed California bill: CA Bill would make it illegal to hand out plastic straws

volsarelife1

This is the progressive state that Armchair talked about. In this proposed bill the penalty would be anywhere from a $25-1000 fine or a misdemeanor of up to 6 months in jail. So a state that complains about people being in jail for drugs has a lawmaker proposing a bill that could send someone to jail for plastic because it's effect on the earth. That makes sense.

CA Bill Limits Straw Use; Gives Fines Or Jail Time To Violators | Diamond Bar, CA Patch

Reactions: 1 person
This is clearly stupid, but do we really need a thread about a proposed bill from a city assemblyman? Does anybody here even live in LA?

Last edited:
I believe this is just for LA County, and not the state as a whole, so the article's headline misled you.

Again, it's one person. I'll make fun of them too, if it passes.

I think this shows what you've talked about before (may be mistaken) about too many laws on the books. Something like this is completely pointless and is going to waste taxpayer money on LA County for this to even be considered.

Fiscal conservatism for the win. I'll be looking for this type of post in the threads about Republican bills and President Trump's ideas.

California is in a absulte and financial dealth spiral..,they are looking for any means to collect revenue

This is clearly stupid, but do we really need a thread about a proposed bill from a city assemblyman? Does anybody here even live in LA?

Sure we can and should.

Because today's city assemblymen are tomorrows Representatives and Senators. And such idiocy can be taken to the national stage.

Reactions: 3 people
Perhaps California should go back to biodegradable paper straws...

They can have all sorts of nice designs and whatnot:

paper-straws-red-hearts.jpg

s-l300.jpg

polka-dot-paper-straws~13623071

Reactions: 2 people
Perhaps California should go back to biodegradable paper straws...

They can have all sorts of nice designs and whatnot:

paper-straws-red-hearts.jpg

s-l300.jpg

polka-dot-paper-straws~13623071
Unfortunately they cannot. Plastic straws are superior to paper to snort Cocaine.

VN Store

Back