PSA: BasketVols are SEC regular season champs, 2024!

VFL-82-JP

Bleedin' Orange...
Yah, I know, I know, this doesn't belong in the football forum, but our fellow fans who don't follow the round ball still deserve this news.

Beating the #17 USCe Gamecocks 66-59, the Vols have locked up the regular season title with one game left to go, vs #15 Ky in three days.

2008 was our last regular season conference championship, I believe. EDIT: MPW points out that we won a shared regular season title in 2018; 2008 was the last time we won it outright, as we did last night.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Yah, I know, I know, this doesn't belong in the football forum, but our fellow fans who don't follow the round ball still deserve this news.

Beating the #17 USCe Gamecocks 66-59, the Vols have locked up the regular season title with one game left to go, vs #15 Ky in three days.

2008 was our last regular season conference championship, I believe.

Go Vols!
Hard fought win against a good opponent too. Knecht was clutch, especially in the first half.

When we win an SEC championship, in ANY sport, I think mentioning it in the football forum is completely acceptable!

It's amazing how far the program has come under Barnes! I still remember his first season when we lost to UTC. Now we are SEC Champs and possibly a #1 seed in the tourney!

When we win an SEC championship, in ANY sport, I think mentioning it in the football forum is completely acceptable!

It's amazing how far the program has come under Barnes! I still remember his first season when we lost to UTC. Now we are SEC Champs and possibly a #1 seed in the tourney!
Well said sir..Bravo!!!

GBO

Go Vols!
Guess we stood on business? Then again I'm constantly standing on my dogs business. Not that much to it actually.

Last edited:

Go Vols!

We beat South Carolina at their own game by playing stellar defense and out rebounding them.

Growing up in Knoxville in the 90's I am still amazed that we get full crowds at mens basketball games. Glad the program have gotten "pretty good" with Coach Barnes

All this just for the 1 seed in the west. Granted I’m no woj but it almost seems it would be better to be a 2 seed in another region. That shiny #1 looks good tho

I thank Texas every season for firing Coach Barnes.

Except for Cornhole

I don't want to jinx us, but I wonder if Texas wishes they had Barnes back. Since Barnes took the Vols job, he's turned the program into a contender while Texas has been struggling overall. I don't think they are in the top 25 today.

We beat South Carolina at their own game by playing stellar defense and out rebounding them.
This team has grown up during the season. Early on they seemed to lack the toughness so if they got behind they'd struggle and guys playing nervous. Recently they don't seem to get rattled , and it helps when they can make shots. That guard they got this year --Knecht, is a special player

Reactions: Volfan1000
Congrats VOLS!!!

It has been fun watching these VOLS this year. Not only adding Knecht, who is just clutch, we are really adding some scoring this year with Gainey and yes getting ZZ back for the Tourney run. That was a HUGE loss last year.

The Bigs are playing much better. They even look good out there together at the same time. I honestly didn't see that coming. Good move by Coach Barnes. Aidoo has surprised me with his scoring prowess. He actually carries the team early in the game at times.

The scoring droughts are way more few and far between. Mostly because of DK of course but when he is struggling the rest of the Team really seems to step up, especially ZZ.

Even though Vescovi doesn't hit those 3s like he used to, he plays smart B-ball and may get hot shooting in some tourney games. Plus, JJJ can always show up and add senior leadership.

The SEC Tournament isn't really as important to me now since winning the regular season SEC championship. I'm just hoping (and will be rooting real hard) for this team to make the Final 4 (Finally!!) and maybe, just maybe, Win the whole Damn thing!! Wouldn't that be sweet!!

This could be a really special year,,
Go VOLS!!!

All this just for the 1 seed in the west. Granted I’m no woj but it almost seems it would be better to be a 2 seed in another region. That shiny #1 looks good tho
You want that 1 seed. It will make our path easier to get into the final four.

VN Store

Back