QB Helmet Cam in practice?

VOLorNuttin

This is the 2nd article I've seen, lately, where Helmet cams are being used by the QB in practice. I brought this up on one of the other UT boards, years ago...that I thought this could help the coaches see exactly what the QB sees and just how quickly he gets through his reads and whether or not he made the right one. Sync it with the field recording, so they have both vantage points covered on any given play.

I hope CBJ will do something similar with our QB's, if for no other reason but to see who makes the quickest decisions and best decisions. Hey, if Belichick likes the idea, why not?

New England Patriots using helmet cameras on QBs - NFL.com

I like it!

helmet1.jpg

Reactions: 10 people
We(UT) invented the Joe pole. A camera mounted on a PVC pole 10 ft in the air just behind the QB. Shows missed opportunities and reads for the QB. Better idea than on the helmet

If they do this, get ready for posts like this: "Can't believe Worley dumped it off to the RB, I could see the hitch n go was wide open on the right side"

If they do this, get ready for posts like this: "Can't believe Worley dumped it off to the RB, I could see the hitch n go was wide open on the right side"

Or...

Man, he really puts his hands in there for the snap... Talk about personal space!

Yeah, I really don't wanna stare at James Stone's butt.

But...I do agree that it would be a interesting way to show the quarterbacks what they're looking at, and more importantly, what they weren't looking at.

VN Store

Back