QB Playing Time

ATLVols

Since all the players and coaches were saying the QB race was so close, many on here have said we will see more than Worley. How much playing time will Peterman receive? Do you think BuTch will allow our freshmen, Ferguson or Dobbs to play in game 1?

I think Peterman will get at least 2 series. If the game gets really out of hand, we'll see him more. I don't think we'll see Dobbs. I'm up in the air about Ferguson.

I think we'll see Peterman late in third. Doubt we see the fresh

If we want to win its in our best interest to allow Peterman and Worley to battle it out and allow the freshman to sit and learn for the time being. If this season starts sinking then I'd rethink my opinions. I like Petermans running ability and I like Worley because he's actually been in a game before.

Ideally, I hope that we don't see either of the freshmen play this year, unless it is truly out of necessity. There is no reason to burn a redshirt just for the opportunity to play in a mop-up situation. Continuing to cultivate competition between Ferguson and Dobbs, without tipping your hand on whether there is a clear-cut pecking order between the two, hopefully will forestall any woefully premature discussion of transfer.

Reactions: 2 people
IMO...

If we are killing AP in the 4th, Peterman will play.
If Worley throws like 4 interceptions in first half, Peterman will play.

Reactions: 1 person
Coach named a starter. He should take 100% of the snaps until the game is in hand and backups come in for mop up. To do anything else would start a qb controversy within the team and quite possibly be detrimental to Worley's confidence. Let him get the experience and the reps. It'll be obvious enough after the first two games if there is reason for concern.

Reactions: 2 people
If we want to win its in our best interest to allow Peterman and Worley to battle it out and allow the freshman to sit and learn for the time being. If this season starts sinking then I'd rethink my opinions. I like Petermans running ability and I like Worley because he's actually been in a game before.

Yeah but you really won't know how good a QB is until you put them in a real game and let them play. Ferg or Dobbs could be far superior given the chance.

A lot depends on how well Worley and Peterman do. The better they are, the less a hurry to get Ferg and Dobbs some playing time.

Coach named a starter. He should take 100% of the snaps until the game is in hand and backups come in for mop up. To do anything else would start a qb controversy within the team and quite possibly be detrimental to Worley's confidence. Let him get the experience and the reps. It'll be obvious enough after the first two games if there is reason for concern.

My feeling also. Worley needs to gain confidence and get ready for the big boys on our schedule. I see Peterman coming in during the 4th qaurter during mop up duty. I can't imagine a Freshman coming in at all, but that's JMO. If one comes in the other will probably redshirt.

I was under the impression a player could have limited playing time within a certain number of games ( ex. Can play in x number of quarters, or x number of plays, or x number of minutes within the first 3-5 games of a season). Or is this just for medical redshirts, or neither...thanks

It's a new offense and lots of young players. Therefore Worley should get plenty of snaps to get some experience and develop some chemistry with his WR's

However I'd like to see Peterman get some meaningful snaps too. He can be a nice change of pace throw the defense off kilter. Besides if Worley would get injured that experience could be more valuable

I was under the impression a player could have limited playing time within a certain number of games ( ex. Can play in x number of quarters, or x number of plays, or x number of minutes within the first 3-5 games of a season). Or is this just for medical redshirts, or neither...thanks

A player is eligible for a medical redshirt if he has played no more than 3 games (or it may be 30% of the regular season technically) prior to sustaining a season-ending injury.

A player is eligible for a medical redshirt if he has played no more than 3 games (or it may be 30% of the regular season technically) prior to sustaining a season-ending injury.

Thanks, I knew it was something like that, but wasn't sure if it applied to all redshirts, or medical only.
And I forgot to add "redshirt" to the first part of my post, but at least you got the gist of it.

I was a little surprised but Jones said they were not going to split time at QB. I expected Worley to start but half way expected there to be a "Peterman" package that gave him a series in the game like Shockley used to get for UGA.

This, THIS, THIS.

VN Store

Back