Qb Prospects

orangeblur

two good ones for the class of 2007....Matt Simms(brother of Chris) plays for Don Bosco Prep in New Jersey......and everybody knows about Jimmy....I'm sure we will have major interest in both.....

Haven't heard alot about Matt, but what is he in highschool (junior, sophmore, etc.). Everyone has heard about Jimmy and I have a feeling when he comes here it is going to be his job to lose. the next 7 to 8 years are going to look real good for us. Man am I excited.

ESPN was calling Jimmy Clausen a "high school phenom". I would think we will have a very good chance at getting him. I don't think we will sign a QB this year.

he is a rising jr.....started at QB for one of the best programs.....on the East Coast Don Bosco Prep ...in New Jersey....you can catch alot of those east school hs games in the fall on Empire Sports...here is a google search of stories on the kid for you to check out

Matt Simms

There are some good articles about him in that search. I want to say that texas will be recruiting him hard. But do you think he will want to go through the same publicity that his brother got in Texas? on the other hand Jimmy had some crazy numbers last year, what do you think he will do this year? 70 touchdowns!!

I think both will have major interest in UT....I saw him(Jimmy) at the Women's Final Four in New orleans...two years ago...and he was already as big as Casey....I don't think Texas will be a major player for Matt....considering the way they treated Chris......Chris even admitted later that it was a mistake......and if he could have done it over again he would have been a Vol....Jimmy plays with some incredible players....3 of his teammates are in the top 10 soph...in america by one publication.......one is Marc Tyler ... the son of former LA Rams and UCLA Bruin RB...Wendell Tyler

But if you think about it, didn't it all work out for the best. We ended up with Casey, which in my opinion was a better college qb then Simms. Now we have Rick who can come in at anytime and we would never have to change our gameplan. And now we are more likely than not to get Jimmy. I say that whole Simms mess work out for the best.

I know that Marc Tyler is listing interest in us as well. Greg Biggins of the Elite 11 QB Camp, was saying that Jimmy was set to publiclly committ to the Vols on the day that Casey got drafted. Well, Casey didn't get drafted and Jimmy just decided to wait. Both of these guys will be coveted by every school in the country, so we will have our work cut out for us. I believe Jimmy's sister is now a freshman or sophmore at Tennessee. We definitely have the family ties.

it did...Rick ....will be a coach (GA) graduate assistant as soon as he is finished playing...he knows multiple offenses from his hs days....his time at LSU...and now at UT...he is smart and would be a dynamic coach IMO someday!!!!

But I still think our staff will have interest in Simms too....

If Jimmy dosen't come here, something very strange would have to happen.

I would think he would at least begin his career at UT....starting as a GA.....especially if Jimmy comes to UT...and don't they have a sister who is enrolled at UT as a frosh...who Jimmy is close with? It would be a great fit for the family....

Yes, his sister is at UT, not 100% sure if she is a freshman or sophmore. He is suppose to be real close with his sister from what I understand.

Lots of schools will be looking at both, but I say we try hard to keep Jimmy's focus on UT, then let the Simms fall where they may.

RC will be a coach somewhere, someday. He has expressed that desire as his interest after college and football and he will pursue it. Having a post college career in football would be a long shot. Not because of lack of talent, but the lack of playing time to prove his talent. But, he will be a dynamic coach IMO. Maybe we should keep him around and see if he grows into a potential OC candidate down the road. He has the brains.

Noel Devine.........that film on him is sick!!!!!! Some of the best I have ever seen..

... And Emmitt Smith, and Jim Brown, and Priest Holmes...

And I don't think Rick Clausen has a career in playing football after next season because he doesn't have the skill to play on the next level.

Why get a Simms?

There won't be a Major Applewhite to save the day when little Simms screws up.

VN Store

Back