QB running

NeylandArmy

Insert Clever Saying
One thing that I haven't seen since AP game is the QB keep it on the read option. It seems to me that it had to happen every now and then to keep the defense honest. I'm all for butch, but I simply can't process why our QBs don't keep the ball a bit more.

Reactions: 6 people
Not impressed by the coaching in this game. Bad decisions by Jones, the offense sux. Yea, we need playmakers but it should be better than this--I don't believe Oregon has a great defense. We ran the same running play the entire first half. I'm also not sure Jones is starting the right guy at QB--stupid to run a read-option offense if your QB can't run the ball. What the hell is the point of it then? You're not fooling anybody. Croom should be at TE.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm trying to accept the spread too. Hard when it doesn't work.

I don't mind the spread but geez oh peat they got three men down on the line, run the ball up the middle for a first down. Up tempo and all that junk goes out the window when you need 1 yard. You just line up and run behind your huge o-line and possibly a FB.

I don't mind the spread but geez oh peat they got three men down on the line, run the ball up the middle for a first down. Up tempo and all that junk goes out the window when you need 1 yard. You just line up and run behind your huge o-line and possibly a FB.

Here's the kicker. There isn't a fullback in this offense

Reactions: 1 person
I don't want this to become criticism of butch. He is playing the hand he was dealt. Hard to win with a deuce of spades a four of hearts a six of clubs an eight of spades and a jack of clubs. Notice there are no diamonds in that rough

One thing that I haven't seen since AP game is the QB keep it on the read option. It seems to me that it had to happen every now and then to keep the defense honest. I'm all for butch, but I simply can't process why our QBs don't keep the ball a bit more.

I watched Oregon's DT crash down several times, and Worley still refused to keep the ball with 15 yards of clear turf in front of him. Let's face it, Worley cannot throw, and he cannot run a read option offense.

Reactions: 1 person
Not impressed by the coaching in this game. Bad decisions by Jones, the offense sux. Yea, we need playmakers but it should be better than this--I don't believe Oregon has a great defense. We ran the same running play the entire first half. I'm also not sure Jones is starting the right guy at QB--stupid to run a read-option offense if your QB can't run the ball. What the hell is the point of it then? You're not fooling anybody. Croom should be at TE.

i agree with most of your post,but they only threw the ball once to Croom for a TD,isn't that right? and the WRs didn't catch some balls they should of have and the QB didn't get them the ball either,so it is a bit early to say Croom should be a TE,there were some wide open WRs at times

I don't want this to become criticism of butch. He is playing the hand he was dealt. Hard to win with a deuce of spades a four of hearts a six of clubs an eight of spades and a jack of clubs. Notice there are no diamonds in that rough

hell that is jack high :)

I'm hoping that CBJ is saving that play for the SEC lol

is what they do with less than stellar talent. That's how you can judge coaches. That's why we know Stanford was well-coached in years past--some talent but not loaded and yet they play well. It is always easy to blame the "lack of talent." At some point, you have to do something good with what you have. Period.

I'm baffled by this too. The system makes no sense without the qb taking the ball once in a while. He doesn't need 4.3 speed to get 5 yards, just no defenders on top of him in the backfield

VN Store

Back