QB3 Tells Why Play for Tennessee

Tennessee Vols five-star quarterback commit George MacIntyre offered a simple, yet convincing, explantation on why he wants to play for Josh Heupel. And it's an explanation that all recruits should hear.
MacIntyre, who committed to Tennessee in January, explained to On3 that one of the attractive things about playing for the Vols is the fact that Heupel (and his offense) isn't going anywhere.
That's especially important for MacIntyre, who will be playing in his fourth different offense in high school as a senior at Brentwood Academy this fall.
“It’s a very quarterback-friendly offense," said MacIntyre to On3. "Once they get there, I think they believe more and more every time that we’re a school going on an upward trajectory. I tell a lot of the offensive guys that you’re going to be a part of the same offensive system for as long as you are there. Coach Heupel is an offensive-minded coach, which is not the case at a lot of schools. I think that’s a huge positive."
“That was one of the main things in my recruitment. I am going to be running the same offense with the same head coach," added MacIntyre. "He’s not leaving and he’s not entertaining other jobs. That was big for me and I think that’s big for a lot of other recruits.”
Learning new offenses can be tough for an offensive player's development. If a player is learning a new offense each offseason, it's tough to ever truly "settle in".
But that's not a concern for players that land at Tennessee. The offense has been the same (albeit with some new wrinkles) since Heupel's arrival in 2021, which allows players to truly master the offense. It's been a long time since Tennessee's had that kind of stability on either side of the ball. And it's clearly a huge selling point for elite recruits.

Tennessee Vols five-star quarterback commit George MacIntyre offered a simple, yet convincing, explantation on why he wants to play for Josh Heupel. And it's an explanation that all recruits should hear.
MacIntyre, who committed to Tennessee in January, explained to On3 that one of the attractive things about playing for the Vols is the fact that Heupel (and his offense) isn't going anywhere.
That's especially important for MacIntyre, who will be playing in his fourth different offense in high school as a senior at Brentwood Academy this fall.
“It’s a very quarterback-friendly offense," said MacIntyre to On3. "Once they get there, I think they believe more and more every time that we’re a school going on an upward trajectory. I tell a lot of the offensive guys that you’re going to be a part of the same offensive system for as long as you are there. Coach Heupel is an offensive-minded coach, which is not the case at a lot of schools. I think that’s a huge positive."
“That was one of the main things in my recruitment. I am going to be running the same offense with the same head coach," added MacIntyre. "He’s not leaving and he’s not entertaining other jobs. That was big for me and I think that’s big for a lot of other recruits.”
Learning new offenses can be tough for an offensive player's development. If a player is learning a new offense each offseason, it's tough to ever truly "settle in".
But that's not a concern for players that land at Tennessee. The offense has been the same (albeit with some new wrinkles) since Heupel's arrival in 2021, which allows players to truly master the offense. It's been a long time since Tennessee's had that kind of stability on either side of the ball. And it's clearly a huge selling point for elite recruits.
Thank you.

This is one of many reasons you're special.

"[Heupel's] not leaving and he’s not entertaining other jobs."
Great, he's leaving for Oklahoma...

??

I’m not downloading that app just to read it that article
i didn't ask you to, and I read it without downloading it. I don't do downloads either, because I don't trust them, plus Bitdefender objects with popup warnings anytime a download is attempted, including software I purchase. So, I'm innocent of any assumed strong tactics to foist off app on a VN'er. OK, in a Gary Coleman voice, "Whatcha talkin 'bout, LittleVol?"

Kid's gonna be a BALLER!!! I HOPE THESE 5 are blocking for him!!!

View attachment 650012
That is a heavyweight line right there. G Mac could probably run to concessions for a hot dog, catch a bottle of mustard from his favorite irrational fan, swipe a beer from our drunkest fan, and finalize a new endorsement deal, all while throwing a 60 yard bomb to Matthews.

I've already shared this on the recruiting forum, but George joined me on the podcast recently. I was at the On3 Elite event in Nashville a couple weeks ago, and I got to spend some time with him and lots of other 5-Star recruits.

Kid's gonna be a BALLER!!! I HOPE THESE 5 are blocking for him!!!

View attachment 650012

Me too....eventually. Moore is now in the boat to play center.

We signed 4 bigshot Oline guys last year though that have no intentions of letting these kids beat them out for starting position. AP and Hubbs said that the staff is quite happy with the progress of 4* Warren, 4* Gunther etc from last years class. I hope we land all 5 of those dudes in your photo...we always need more Olinemen and Dlinemen. Cant ever have too many of those when they're SEC caliber anyway...

VN Store

Back