QB's running or not

SmokeyFTW

Hard Work Beats Talent...
How do run the read option and the QBs not keep the ball at least once! I mean damn, at least try and keep em honest. I wasn't excepting a win. I was expecting to see the QB keep the ball here and there. They did not respect that the QB could possibly take off and run. Oh we'll here's to next game. Hope we learned a thing or two.

Keep your heads up

CBJ " you have to be married to the process."

Reactions: 2 people
I thought maybe Peterman would run it once since the game was already decided -- see if he can do it and who cares if its the 2nd stringers

I agree but I kinda think it Might be that this is out of conference and doesn't affect us really... So why not hold that off till next week? But if they don't do it then/ then yea I don't junderstnad

Reactions: 1 person
I thought maybe Peterman would run it once since the game was already decided -- see if he can do it and who cares if its the 2nd stringers

I thought Worley would.Just to keep them from crashing down in the RB everytime.
To me it was so frustrating watching him hand it off everytime and not keep it at least 1 and I mean 1 time.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree but I kinda think it Might be that this is out of conference and doesn't affect us really... So why not hold that off till next week? But if they don't do it then/ then yea I don't junderstnad
Who cares if its out of conf. You have game time experience here. Play your plays and make the right reads. Idk maybe it would give sec teams some good film study blah blah, but I'm not sure to many teams are really concerned with us right now. So I think whoever the QB may be needs to keep the ball a time or two. If not let's just call it the half back draw offense and take the reading part completely out.

Reactions: 1 person
do y'all think Peterman, if he starts, will keep it against Florida some?

weird to think he hasn't gotten to keep it but like once or twice. and i remember him getting stuffed during the WKU game. but in the best case scenario he's at least semi-dual threat. anyone have footage of him scrambling?

do y'all think Peterman, if he starts, will keep it against Florida some?

weird to think he hasn't gotten to keep it but like once or twice. and i remember him getting stuffed during the WKU game. but in the best case scenario he's at least semi-dual threat. anyone have footage of him scrambling?
Look up his you tube vid

run-option is pointless if the qb NEVER keeps the damn ball. Oregon had 11 guys within 10 yds of the line of scrimmage and their LBs were coming on almost every play because they knew Worley was going nowhere.

Its going to take me some time to like this offense

Bama has won 3 of 4 NCs not running a read option

Line up and run it down their throats. Pass the ball to keep the D honest

Ball control and clock management

I was hoping we would run it correctly as well. No point in it if you don't. All it does is gives the defense time to stop the run. I keep telling myself maybe we're saving something for conference, but I just don't like what I saw with things like 4th and 1 and punting.

We will never play with the bamas and the ducks etc ..... until we get a good all purpose QB.. Worley is worse than J. Crompton was!

VN Store

Back