Question about the Zone Read Offense

biggestvols

I'm no offensive expert but how does the zone read work if the QB never runs? So...

1). Are zone reads effective when the QB cannot or will not run?

2). Can a zone read be executed effectively with a QB such as Worley who can neither run or pass?

3). Would our zone read be more effective if we put a Hott cheerleader as a QB to distract the defense and direct snapped to a running back?

1.) no

2.) no

3.) no

4.) yes

with that being said, for all we know they never called a zone read, you can run stretches out of the same formation that are designed to go straight to the rb and the qb has no choice in the matter.

In a zone read, you need a qb that is a run threat. Passing must be serviceable. It can really click when you can move the qb out of the pocket for run/pass reads. If the qb is not a run threat, don't run a zone read.

For it to be effective your qb must be a threat to run. If your qb can throw effectively while on the move you really have something and can make lb's or de's heads spin.

Reactions: 1 person
For it to be effective your qb must be a threat to run. If your qb can throw effectively while on the move you really have something and can make lb's or de's heads spin.

I'm not being picky, I'd like a QB who's a threat with his arm or leg...cause we sure dont have it

1.) no

2.) no

3.) no

4.) yes

with that being said, for all we know they never called a zone read, you can run stretches out of the same formation that are designed to go straight to the rb and the qb has no choice in the matter.

he asked three questions. you gave four answers.

Reactions: 1 person
In short, this is the worst offense for Worley to run.

I swear, we call plays like we have never even seen our own roster.

But in fairness, what offense can you run when your qb can neither run nor pass?

VN Store

Back