Question..

OWB

Never
Staff member
I probably already know the answer that I am going to get, but I will ask anyway.

Is anyone else sick of all the knee injuries? The LV's lose Wiley-Gatewood and Spencer in a two day span. Then you can add 2 more LV's who haven't played because of knees....Parker being one of them. Then you have Gandy going down before the season starts. Who is next?

Allvol, if you read this, is there anyway that you could see who leads the SEC all time in knee injuries? I think we have a good shot at placing first in that one.

Are the injuries that our players go through strength and conditioning problems? Or are they just freak accidents that happen?

Until this problem is resolved, I think that we should change our names to the.....

UNIVERSITY OF TENDERKNEE!

Kind of catchy isn't it?

Thanks LIO, sometimes I feel like you are the one who "gets me" on here! ;)

:lol:

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Feb 26, 2005 8:14 PM
Are the injuries that our players go through strength and conditioning problems? Or are they just freak accidents that happen?

Your knee isn't built to play sports, especially sports where you have to plant and turn very quickly.

Originally posted by zizou@Feb 27, 2005 11:04 AM
Your knee isn't built to play sports, especially sports where you have to plant and turn very quickly.

:question:

Knee injuries are part of the game, that being said- I have a friend who is a Strength Coach at Memphis - and he seems to think that it is more related to the type of strength training that goes on at UT.

Originally posted by VOLracerx@Feb 28, 2005 9:21 AM
- and he seems to think that it is more related to the type of strength training that goes on at UT.

See, this is what I was hinting at. I know that injuries are a part of any game and you can only do so much to stay healthy, but doesn't it seem like our athletes are getting hurt more than any other team? Maybe I just think so because I follow the Vols and nobody else, but then again........

I'm with you OWB it seems that almost every sport we play there are knee's blowing up. Look at the fall - Simon and the CB - can't think of his name - all at the beginning of the season - right when they would be lifting the most/heaviest.

VN Store

Back