R.A. Dickey posts win

fryeguy93

Rufus X. Sarsaparilli
Beats the best National League team (Phillies) 8-0

Mets 8, Phillies 0 - Mets and Dickey Shut Down Phillies - NYTimes.com

Phillies have lost badly to 2 knuckleballers in 3 days.

METSfloater-articleInline.jpg

7 hits....3 walks....0 runs....6 innings...

Taken out early because of swelling due to being hit by batted ball on left elbow.

I truly think if someone hadn’t used his arm out during his college days he could have had a really nice major league career.

I truly think if someone hadn’t used his arm out during his college days he could have had a really nice major league career.

But read another article once where it describes RA's genetic abnormality that was discovered during the Olympic team photo session evidently.

His arm was a ticking timebomb. It's likely good that he pitched as much as he did before diagnosis that after. he would not have had any sort of college career as the coaches would have been petrified.

Maybe, I just remember Rod constantly using him inning after inning (way too much). But I am glad to see him making a nice comeback with the knuckleball. I just hope he don't burn my braves.

The best part of the photo (and gives you a good idea about his knuckler) is that his arm and hand have already passed the ball already in flight.

VN Store

Back