R.I.P., Don Haskins.

Amazing humility in that fella.
There were always four college hoops coaches I considered true icons: Bob Knight, John Chaney, Clarence Gaines, and Don Haskins. The college game isn't the same without those men.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

There were always four college hoops coaches I considered true icons: Bob Knight, John Chaney, Clarence Gaines, and Don Haskins. The college game isn't the same without those men.
True and there aren't any real replacements from a character standpoint. Even the great ones today are homogenized in their approach to the media and in the way that they coach.

Character has nearly left big time coaching. It's honestly one of the reasons I'm a Spurrier fan.

Dan Wetzel has an article at yahoo sports that sums up what made Coach Haskins special better than anything else I've seen.

True and there aren't any real replacements from a character standpoint. Even the great ones today are homogenized in their approach to the media and in the way that they coach.

Character has nearly left big time coaching. It's honestly one of the reasons I'm a Spurrier fan.

To add to hatvols list there could be a couple of others on the icons list Frank Maguire & Henry Iba come to mind.

The only current coach that is the example of character or Duty, Honor, Country is Mike Krzyzewski but then he lives this USMA 1969.

To add to hatvols list there could be a couple of others on the icons list Frank Maguire & Henry Iba come to mind.

The only current coach that is the example of character or Duty, Honor, Country is Mike Krzyzewski but then he lives this USMA 1969.
I like where your head's at about Coach K, but I didn't quite understand the point about USMA.

VN Store

Back