Rae Sykes/Alex Watkins

vavol87

do we have a pretty decent shot with Alabama commit Alex Watkins or Rae Sykes where it seems as if his top three are UT LSU and FSU?

I think Watkins will stay a 'Bama committ, and as for Sykes, we have a real good shot at him. It will either be us or FSU.

I think our shot with Sykes is good. I think it really comes down to us and LSU. But, even if we miss out on placing him we need to establish a good relationship so we can re-recruit him after a year at prep school.

I would not write off Watkins. I think his biggest hold-up with UT is wanting to leave town. As the Alabama job drags on and they dont hire a blockbuster head coach Watkins will have his doubts. Our coaches will feed off those doubts and they will continue to show him our serious need on DL and the good possibility of him getting playing time as a true freshman.

I know he wants to leave, but going from west Tn to east Tn is like going to another state

And I hope that is exactly what they are telling him. Knoxville is plenty far enough from Brownsville.

listen, I can understand wanting to get out of west tn, it's brutal

like a trip across the country. Saw the kid play twice. I will have to admit. He didn't do anything to stand out on the field. Didn't make plays like you think someone like he was ranked would. Seemed average. JMO!:twocents:

VN Store

Back