Randall Cobb...and Troy-LSU

raynochonspeed

Wait and see...
Cobb would have been our starting QB by Week 6 this year. And he actually not a great QB, just very athletic.

And does anyone else see Troy killing LSU? There isn't parity in the SEC this year. It is Florida and Bama and then there's everybody else.

Cobb would have been our starting QB by Week 6 this year. And he actually not a great QB, just very athletic.

And does anyone else see Troy killing LSU? There isn't parity in the SEC this year. It is Florida and Bama and then there's everybody else.

Which makes our ineptitude that much more unbearable. It's one thing if UGA, LSU, Auburn and Arkansas are also dominant. Still not acceptable, but more understandle. This is just an embarassment.

Troy led LSU 31-3 with one minute left in the 3rd quarter.

Watch LSU win. It's now 31-17 with 14:00 left in the 4th.

Randall Cobb wouldn't have been a QB with this staff. He would've been redshirted first, because he "doesn't know the system" and then moved to another position. It's pathetic that we didn't get the kid.

LSU reeled off 37 unanswered points in the last 16:26 of this game, including 30 of those points in the 4th quarter.

In breaking news, I have heard from an impeccable "inside source" that Mike Hamilton now wants to interview Troy's head coach for our open position. :eek:lol:

That game came to mind for me too, but this one was actually worse.

I dunno. Giving up 32 points in the 2nd half in the AFC championship game is probably worse than giving up 28 points on the road in a meaningless midseason game against a team that's supposed to beat you anyway.

Especially considering we still talk about the Bills/Oilers...

LSU reeled off 37 unanswered points in the last 16:26 of this game, including 30 of those points in the 4th quarter.

In breaking news, I have heard from an impeccable "inside source" that Mike Hamilton now wants to interview Troy's head coach for our open position.
:eek:lol:

I know you're kidding, but look how well he has built Troy up from nothing. Maybe not the best choice... but a good coach.

I dunno. Giving up 32 points in the 2nd half in the AFC championship game is probably worse than giving up 28 points on the road in a meaningless midseason game against a team that's supposed to beat you anyway.

Especially considering we still talk about the Bills/Oilers...

Troy didn't give up 28 points in the second half. They gave up 37 unanswered points in the last 16:26 seconds of the game. All they had to do was run the ball and LSU would have run out of time.

Cobb would've never seen the field in his first year had he come to UT.

Troy didn't give up 28 points in the second half. They gave up 37 unanswered points in the last 16:26 seconds of the game. All they had to do was run the ball and LSU would have run out of time.

They gave up a 28 point lead. Not a 37 point lead. The fact that they kinda gave up the ghost once LSU got the lead is irrelevant.

LSU beating Troy at home in a meaningless November game is not on the same level as the Bills coming back from being down 32 in the AFC Championship game, as was previously implied.

If you live with the freshman, you die with the freshman.

Still, Kentucky did not lose the game because of Cobb.
Tennessee has no room to be popping smack to Kentucky about Cobb... he would be better than the slop we have on our bench right now (jury is still out on BJ Coleman)...

Lack of discipline killed UK at times. But...without Vandy's special teams, it might have been uglier.

Lack of discipline? You think?

3 times, we ran into the punter and gave up a first down. 1 time, we got a roughing the passer on a 3rd and long that was way overthrown.

In my book, that's 4 turnovers. Brooks should be making them run the steps at Rupp Arena tonight.

VN Store

Back