Ranking and breakdown of financial conflicts of interest and potential ethics problems by congressperson

AshG

Easy target
I don't know how I found this, but it has been very informative.

We rated every member of Congress on their financial conflicts. Dozens of lawmakers and top staffers are violating their own rules designed to prevent corruption.

A few items to consider:
  • The list is very bipartisan - neither major party has the high ground
  • Those who whine and complain most about the issues on "the other side" tend to be in the Danger category themselves
  • In the "Do as I say, not as I do" category that doesn't exist but should, the number of Green New Deal democrats who have lucrative financial ties to fossil fuel industries is facepalm-worthy

The one thing I have found to be consistent in my time around politicians and operatives is that whether they claim to be donkeys or elephants, most of them simply become pigs at the trough.
pigs.jpg

Before each session can begin the members must read aloud their list of donors into the Congressional record. May take a couple of days but could be entertaining

Haha I love this idea!! I think most of would agree this is a huge issue on both sides of the aisle and really needs to be addressed somehow someway.

Reactions: AshG
I don't know how I found this, but it has been very informative.

We rated every member of Congress on their financial conflicts. Dozens of lawmakers and top staffers are violating their own rules designed to prevent corruption.

A few items to consider:
  • The list is very bipartisan - neither major party has the high ground
  • Those who whine and complain most about the issues on "the other side" tend to be in the Danger category themselves
  • In the "Do as I say, not as I do" category that doesn't exist but should, the number of Green New Deal democrats who have lucrative financial ties to fossil fuel industries is facepalm-worthy

That is a very interesting read indeed. It would be interesting If they included Presidents (and their families)

Reactions: StarRaider and AshG
Absolutely. I hope they do a follow up and include that.
It looks like this was focused on just one possible problem, insider trading. I would expect to see worse results under some other categories. Seeing all the Do as I Say not as I Do would be good. Especially for tax rates.

How many push higher/lower taxes but already benefit from whatever shelter they have.

Another could be to see how much of their income can be explained by their wage.

Reactions: McDad and AshG
Before each session can begin the members must read aloud their list of donors into the Congressional record. May take a couple of days but could be entertaining
Or they could wear a jacket with patches of all the sponsors just like a NASCAR driver would

Reactions: AshG
Everyone gets it...They both suck...but suckititude of the worst kind comes from this radical authoritative Dem agenda...Change my mind?

And it is not even close

Fact is Dems prefer federalism and subsequent regulations of all manner, hence limiting freedom. The Constitution is based on the US being a Republic, not a freaking democracy. **** democracy.

See if you can find that Congressional list of sexual harassment settlements floating around out there.

Everyone gets it...They both suck...but suckititude of the worst kind comes from this radical authoritative Dem agenda...Change my mind?

And it is not even close

Fact is Dems prefer federalism and subsequent regulations of all manner, hence limiting freedom. The Constitution is based on the US being a Republic, not a freaking democracy. **** democracy.
7F434320-BD66-43E9-A8BC-158119C53FEE.gif

VN Store

Back