Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those Mavs fans gotta be salty 😅

Not that I have a dog in that fight, but Mavs fans on social media were big on Luka and Kyrie smashing Boston, heading into a matchup vs a historically significant team with fewer than 20 losses ALL YEAR...and they ran right into that machine at full speed.

Would have liked to see the Mavs win as well. But settle down when you're about to face a team with nearly half the losses as your team 😆😅
Yep. I want the Celtics to lose as much or more than the Mavs fan. But the Celtics team is loaded. Yes, they did get quite lucky with injuries on other teams. But, here's to hoping they somehow 'slow down' next year.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Over under on how many we eventually end up with from this list?

5 ★ QB George MacIntyre (Tennessee commit)
5 ★ OT David Sanders Jr.
5 ★ WR Jaime French
5 ★ DL Isaiah Gibson (USC commit)
5 ★ EDGE Jared Smith
5 ★ WR Caleb Cunningham
4 ★ EDGE Zion Grady
4 ★ RB Ousmane Kromah
4 ★ LB Jadon Perlotte (Georgia commit)
4 ★ EDGE Damien Shanklin
4 ★ TE Da’Saahn Brame
4 ★ DL Ethan Utley (Tennessee commit)
4 ★ OT Juan Gaston
4 ★ LB Abduall Sanders Jr. (Alabama commit)
4 ★ IOL Dontrell Glover
4 ★ TE Jack Van Dorselaer (Tennessee commit)
4 ★ DL Charles House
4 ★ IOL Nic Moore
4 ★ RB Shekai Mills-Knight
4 ★ S Timothy Merritt (Miami commit)
4 ★ WR Dejerrian Miller
3 ★ S Sidney Walton (Tennessee commit)
3 ★ LB LaVar Arrington II
3 ★ CB Dylan Lewis (Tennessee commit)
3 ★ CB Tyler Redmond (Tennessee commit)
3 ★ IOL Jacobe Ward

I’ll guess 10. Add David sanders, nic Moore, charles house, mills-knight, and perlotte. Subtract one of Lewis/redmond.
tmp.gif

tmp.gif

tmp.gif

🤠

You can cut in the recruiting services all you want but you look dumb. Are they perfect? Not even close. Do they miss? You bet they do. But here is something neither you nor anyone else can refute. The teams with the most high 4 and 5* prospects win more at the highest level.

The whole “oh stars don’t matter” has been debunked. It’s funny. I bet you were extremely excited when we got Nico. A big time 5*? You get excited for the team when they sign highly rated players that teams like UGA, Bama and OSU were after right? Wonder why? It’s because of the same services you are dogging.
No, the quantity of 4 stars that get processed by the big dogs each year show that even though they are being replaced by more high star guys in yield driven process, stars neither guarantee they maintain a RELATIVE level of talent earned largely through their Jr year, NOR serve as limiters on lower ranked players after arrival on college campuses. Thus half the 4 stars are replaced on draft day by 3 stars after a more comprehensive body of work is analyzed by the pros.

You win, I guess maybe those folks should be saying stars being used to find the best talent don’t matter half the time!

Sign a high star, smile, be happy, celebrate them individually 3-5 years down the road. A great place to start. Grade the class then too, even though some of the best may end up elsewhere in these NIL days. Stars and draft position are still there to analyze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back