Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Been getting reports around about the devastation. Banner Elk, parts of Boone no longer exist. Section of 26 over Noli - gone.

Area ive fished for 30 years at Radio Tower in Erwin is decimated.

We were going to Hot Springs for our Anniversary Monday. A City I worked in 90's, may be absolutely ruined. I'm sure Hot Springs resort doesnt exist.

Pic taken from Iron Horse Saloon.

View attachment 681644

View attachment 681651
Spring Creek Tavern. A place my children, myself and wife have frequented for years

Went for a ride on Tweetsie today. An absolute war zone. 20-30 trees in a 4 mile stretch overturned.

I am praying for everyone. Im not sure people quite understand the level of devastation yet.

The bridge over Nolichucky, on the Interstate is gone! I hope that no one lost their life, but I fear the worst. Many cannot make contact with loved ones.
Horrific damage in North Carolina.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
There’s probably a couple biased ones in here but I think the hold their own for the general public too. Also note I’ve only watched since 2006ish so I’m not gonna retroactively pick any games before I started watching. I’ll put my biased UT ones first. Just off top of my head and not fully thought out or in any order. I’d have to really think to put together a legit list lol

1. UT vs Bama 2022
2. UT vs UGA 2016
3. Texas A&M 2018. The one that went into a million OTs.
4. Boise State vs Oklahoma Fiesta Bowl
5. USC Penn State 2017 rose bowl
6. Iron Bowl 2013 aka Kick Six game
7. LSU vs Bama 2022
8. UGA vs Oklahoma in the Rose bowl a few years back, unfortunately UGA won the game was a classic.
9. FSU vs Auburn natty in 13/14 One of the better natties I’ve seen.
10. Texas Tech vs Texas 2008. Still remember that Crabtree catch clear as day.

Yeah I could name more but I’ll stop there for now lol
Texas/USC Rose Bowl for National Championship

41-38
1200 yds of total offense...almost 500 of which, came from a single player.

If I'm guessing the next AP poll, Texas stays #1. Bama jumps to #2. Ohio State is #3 and we are #4. Depending on what they do tonight, Oregon could jump to #5. Would not surprise me if Georgia only dropped to #6. Miami at #7.
I can see a case for AP voters jumping Bama to #1 based off of this win. At the same time, Texas did nothing to lose #1. However it shakes out, I think those will be #1 and #2. Ohio State will be #3, and we will be #4.

We just need to keep winning, one game at a time. Win the whole damn thing.

Reactions: Dadof2volfans
If I'm guessing the next AP poll, Texas stays #1. Bama jumps to #2. Ohio State is #3 and we are #4. Depending on what they do tonight, Oregon could jump to #5. Would not surprise me if Georgia only dropped to #6. Miami at #7.
I am thinking we stay at 5 because of Georgia comeback. I hope I'm wrong and we move up.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I still think we need to have a safety help McCoy cover Williams, as well as have our de’s play contain and use our lb’s in run support and to spy milroe

Reactions: knoxvol52
Was Tennessee ever involved with Solomon Thomas? He’s the #1 ranked IOL in America. We just lost Douglas Utu and need a replacement. He’s committed to Florida State. Florida State is a dumpster fire. Seems like it would make sense to kick the tires here.

Was Tennessee ever involved with Solomon Thomas? He’s the #1 ranked IOL in America. We just lost Douglas Utu and need a replacement. He’s committed to Florida State. Florida State is a dumpster fire. Seems like it would make sense to kick the tires here.
I wonder since they lost Utu if they just don’t go into the portal for a IOL.

VN Store

Back