Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Sports Illustrated

1. Houston Texans: QB Will Levis, Kentucky
The most talented quarterback in the draft, Levis has elevated his supporting cast for two years at Kentucky. He has the talent and ability above the shoulders to do the same for the Texans' offense. His upside could make him one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL.
That's not Sports Illustrated, that's National Lampoon.

Wonder what Bryce Young's and Will Anderson's parents/advisors didn't say to them?

In all seriousness, I think most of us just want as full a roster as possible now that we finally get to play Clemson and will unfortunately be a bit handicapped/not at full strength... over the next few weeks everyone will understand the opting out of many players, but by next season it will only be that we beat them or lost to them...

By next season no one will care about the orange bowl.

By next season no one will care about the orange bowl.
They are not doing it for Alabama pride anyways…. Alabama went out and got huge insurance policies on all potential draftees… if they suffer an injury that causes the player to drop in the draft…. He can get reimbursed up to ten million.

I've come to the conclusion our portal pickups this year will tell us how good our coaches are at evaluating talent. I mean, I trust our offensive coaches and CRG.

I just hope our defense doesn't suck again next year.

giphy.gif

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
From Sports Illustrated

1. Houston Texans: QB Will Levis, Kentucky
The most talented quarterback in the draft, Levis has elevated his supporting cast for two years at Kentucky. He has the talent and ability above the shoulders to do the same for the Texans' offense. His upside could make him one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL.
Continued narratives like this about Levis make me question my own sanity. Did he really elevate his supporting cast at Kentucky?

My way too early projections:

LT: Crawford or Mincey (personally think if both players aren't complaining you just rotate them if need be even it worked fine this season)
LG: Addison or Karic
C: Cooper (Addison likely the backup)
RG: Spraggins
RT: Karic or ? (Grant, Perry, Davis are the tallest options on roster with good length...Umarov and Johnson incoming are also potential options)

I'd be surprised if a first year guy takes that RT spot with us having size and talent on roster already... and if Karic isn't long enough in the arms could Addison be an option?

Staff has shown already they will play the best 5 guys on the OL and move pieces if need be. Wright was at LT last season and RT this season.

So I guess ultimately I think your 5 starters are these guys (Mincey/Crawford, Addison, Cooper, Spraggins, Karic) but I'd say other than Cooper at Center and Spraggins at guard where they play could still be up in the air. I do think Karic with 3 years of S&C at Texas will be ahead of Umarov and Johnson from a conditioning standpoint.

You also have some wild cards. Masai Reddick, Mo Clipper Jr., William Parker, & Jackson Lampley (who was a top 250 national player and 4 star)

I think we have a lot of solid options on the OL and it should be good competition. I just hope we don't lose too many to the portal.

Continued narratives like this about Levis make me question my own sanity. Did he really elevate his supporting cast at Kentucky?

Will Levis to the NFL in a nutshell.

Good size and while playing in 24 games at Kensucky they went 17-8 so he must be the real deal to win at that shithole!

Of course you'd assume the NFL would also remember the last QB that fit that mold and how poorly he was in the NFL (Tim Couch), but they never learn from past mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back