Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flashback to June 2021.... Thought some in here might need a good laugh!!!! 🤣🤣😂🤣😂

Mike Farrell from Rivals:

1. Tennessee is in big trouble at the quarterback position.
f9nkjk4om5o7fu3vkhff

Harrison Bailey (AP Images)
Farrell’s take: FICTION. Normally I’d say yes with the Vols reaching on
Joe Milton
in the transfer portal and now with the dismissal of
Kaidon Salter
but I’m making this fiction because of my belief in
Harrison Bailey

Hendon Hooker
also transferred in. but I’m not a huge fan of his passing consistency.

Brian Maurer
is solid but Bailey, the former five-star, is the one who excites me. The question will be if he has enough talent around him to succeed and how big a step he can take in his development. But I still believe you’re as good as your best quarterback, and Bailey is going to be good.

InsideNebraska - Fact or Fiction: Tennessee is in big trouble at the QB position

🤣🤣🤣

Also Mike Ferrell: Will Levis is the best QB in the draft. These takes do make sense when viewed together.

December 20, 1980 -

NBC broadcasted a game with no announcers as they tried to be different. The only sounds that the TV audience would hear were the same sounds that were heard by fans in the stadium, the public address announcer, the cheers of the fans and maybe , just maybe a hotdog vendor or two. In the meaningless game the 4-12 New York Jets defeated the 8-8 Miami Dolphins, 24-17.

Redirect Notice
College football games with the skycam on ESPN is the best way to watch.

I remember that.

I didn't share to pick on Bailey. I just thought it was funny because he was wrong on everything. I have no idea how Bailey is even doing at his new school.
He struggled really badly and didn’t play much…. I hope he ends up getting a chance to play in the future.

Reactions: KptVFL
Washington???

I don’t watch much of them, so maybe I just have no idea, but that one’s shocking to me.
I think they’re loudest on record, but I highly doubt it was louder at any point than the Bama game. I also have a hard time believing Clemson was louder than LSU this year.

Maybe the list is not based on this year, just overall, idk.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
From Sports Illustrated

1. Houston Texans: QB Will Levis, Kentucky
The most talented quarterback in the draft, Levis has elevated his supporting cast for two years at Kentucky. He has the talent and ability above the shoulders to do the same for the Texans' offense. His upside could make him one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL.

I never much cared for the Texans anyway.

My way too early projections:

LT: Crawford or Mincey (personally think if both players aren't complaining you just rotate them if need be even it worked fine this season)
LG: Addison or Karic
C: Cooper (Addison likely the backup)
RG: Spraggins
RT: Karic or ? (Grant, Perry, Davis are the tallest options on roster with good length...Umarov and Johnson incoming are also potential options)

I'd be surprised if a first year guy takes that RT spot with us having size and talent on roster already... and if Karic isn't long enough in the arms could Addison be an option?

Staff has shown already they will play the best 5 guys on the OL and move pieces if need be. Wright was at LT last season and RT this season.

So I guess ultimately I think your 5 starters are these guys (Mincey/Crawford, Addison, Cooper, Spraggins, Karic) but I'd say other than Cooper at Center and Spraggins at guard where they play could still be up in the air. I do think Karic with 3 years of S&C at Texas will be ahead of Umarov and Johnson from a conditioning standpoint.

You also have some wild cards. Masai Reddick, Mo Clipper Jr., William Parker, & Jackson Lampley (who was a top 250 national player and 4 star)

I think we have a lot of solid options on the OL and it should be good competition. I just hope we don't lose too many to the portal.

On the OL, could the other of Mincey and Crawford not move over to RT? I know they are not the same, but if you can play LT then you should be able to play servicably at RT.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back