Recruiting Rival

VOLociraptorr

Not that it matters, but its fun to speculate. Who do you think our biggest recruiting Rival is right now? To me, it seems like we go against Michigan and FSU for recruits on a more regular basis than other teams, even in the SEC. I'm talking about the average player in the class, not the GMacs of the world.

We used to be in recruiting battles with teams like SCAR and UK 🤢 seems like we've elevated!

Not that it matters, but its fun to speculate. Who do you think our biggest recruiting Rival is right now? To me, it seems like we go against Michigan and FSU for recruits on a more regular basis than other teams, even in the SEC. I'm talking about the average player in the class, not the GMacs of the world.

We used to be in recruiting battles with teams like SCAR and UK 🤢 seems like we've elevated!
Georgia.

It’s definitely UGA, OSU, Clemson.

And that's why we had so many terrible seasons during the Dooley, Pruitt, and Jones years.

Right now Georgia, but you'll see us continue to go up against Bama a ton moving forward so could be them moving forward. DeBoer looks for a lot of the same things at each position that Heupel does. Interested how many battles Vols and Tide consistently in a couple years when DeBoer isn't necessarily getting a lot of west coast kids he IDed early while out there

Georgia

Reactions: HeadVol77
Georgia by far

This year we have had:
Isaiah Gibson
Travis smith
Shaedy Hayward
Christian Garrett
Juan Gaston
Christian Gass
Charles House
Todd Robinson
Jaden Perlotte
Dontrell Glover
Thomas Blackshear
Also Joakim Dotson. They made a run at him after he committed to UT and he didn’t budge.

Georgia is by far our biggest recruiting rival and it’s not particularly close.

Clemson falling off/Dabo not keeping up with NIL has been the biggest benefit to us though.
Agree. Georgia is the prize because there’s so much talent. Clemson is secondary but still a big rival, especially with the players in North Carolina and Virginia. They’ve done well there and UT is making a big push once again.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Dabo flamed out quicker than Fulmer.
Had Fulmer been 30 years younger and began his assistant HC job in 2021, he would be killing it during this era of NIL.

Timing was unfortunate for him to have to play
Steve Spurrier, Nick Saban, and Urban Meyer near the end of his vigor.

VN Store

Back