Recruiting

USCGVOL

I havent really been able to keep up with the recruiting this year. Are we doing very well? Has the coaching change effected it very much? I know we did well last year. I hope we can pull something like that off again!
Go Vols!!! :clapping:

but, we're killing it. we've had a good press conference, according to hoopla here and we've still got our head closer.

I havent really been able to keep up with the recruiting this year. Are we doing very well? Has the coaching change effected it very much? I know we did well last year. I hope we can pull something like that off again!
Go Vols!!! :clapping:

one word brother. HORRIBLE.

Horrible is a very accurate assessment of our recruiting so far. Rivals currently has us ranked 41st in the nation and 8th in the SEC. Alabama, Georgia, Florida and LSU are ranked 2nd, 3rd, 8th and 10th, respectively. Auburn, South Carolina and Arkansas are ranked 15th, 22nd, and 34th, respectively.

ummm i'd call it stocked full of skill players from 2 out of the last 3 recruiting classes and in need of OL & DL that are just outside the top 100....keep in mind your getting 2 5 star players this year in morley and warren...that is if your eyes get :drool: over the number of stars someone has

Horrible is a very accurate assessment of our recruiting so far. Rivals currently has us ranked 41st in the nation and 8th in the SEC. Alabama, Georgia, Florida and LSU are ranked 2nd, 3rd, 8th and 10th, respectively. Auburn, South Carolina and Arkansas are ranked 15th, 22nd, and 34th, respectively.

thank you. 41 is a generous rating right now to, with the number of recruits and ratings of them. i think most feel phil will close strong, but if you look at the recruits that are serious about attending UT, everybody will have to say this will be phils worst class ever.

ummm i'd call it stocked full of skill players from 2 out of the last 3 recruiting classes and in need of OL & DL that are just outside the top 100....keep in mind your getting 2 5 star players this year in morley and warren...that is if your eyes get :drool: over the number of stars someone has

are you sure williams, morely, warren will get in. it wouldn't surprise me if 1 or all 3 didn't make it.

let's get over this ratings of the recruiting class thing. we need some solid O and D linemen. let's evaluate this year's results by how well we fill our needs.

are you sure williams, morely, warren will get in. it wouldn't surprise me if 1 or all 3 didn't make it.
morley if not mistaken has enrolled...williams was supposed to have the grades from juco and warren not sure.

ok in saying that how are we doing.
I'm not sure anyone really knows at this point. I'm the first to bash Fulmer because he can't win big games, but this is his forte. Let's let him do his thing before moaning. He has rarely let us down with his recruiting classes. While this one won't have jillions of stars, it could very well fill many of our needs.

I'm not sure anyone really knows at this point. I'm the first to bash Fulmer because he can't win big games, but this is his forte. Let's let him do his thing before moaning. He has rarely let us down with his recruiting classes. While this one won't have jillions of stars, it could very well fill many of our needs.

So, are you saying that any warm body that signs a letter of intent to play on the offensive or defensive line will make you perfectly happy? If it's going to take actual stud players at those positions to make you happy, then you may as well get on board with the reality that this recruiting season is HORRIBLE.

The recruiting landscape has changed alot over the last 5-7 years. More athletes are verbally committing early and not waiting until signing day to announce. There aren't as many uncommitted players out there, and Fulmer's forte has never been stealing a player that was verbally committed to another team.

Also, UT has never been ranked this low in recruiting since Fulmer took over the program, so saying that it will improve because recruiting is Fulmer's forte is unrealistic. We are usually at least in the Top 15 in recruiting rankings by this point.

Morely is already in, so there is one five star caliber recruit that will not count. Williams as far as I know will get in. Warren will more than likely not be enrolled until this summer.

There is also rumors of two hign profile "silent" commits right now for the Vols. I have no idea who they might be. This class should finnish somewhere around 25. If we could count Warren and Morely it would be closer to 15 or so which is pretty good considering that this class will probably end up littered with lineman that we need.

No need to get so worried about it. We signed all our skill position players last year which made it a "sexy" class.

So, are you saying that any warm body that signs a letter of intent to play on the offensive or defensive line will make you perfectly happy? If it's going to take actual stud players at those positions to make you happy, then you may as well get on board with the reality that this recruiting season is HORRIBLE.

The recruiting landscape has changed alot over the last 5-7 years. More athletes are verbally committing early and not waiting until signing day to announce. There aren't as many uncommitted players out there, and Fulmer's forte has never been stealing a player that was verbally committed to another team.

Also, UT has never been ranked this low in recruiting since Fulmer took over the program, so saying that it will improve because recruiting is Fulmer's forte is unrealistic. We are usually at least in the Top 15 in recruiting rankings by this point.
OK. you win. our recruiting is going to suck this year so we're doomed.

This class should finnish somewhere around 25. If we could count Warren and Morely it would be closer to 15 or so which is pretty good considering that this class will probably end up littered with lineman that we need.

Good offensive and defensive linemen are precisely what we need. However, I don't see them currently committed to UT, and I don't think we're going to land too many more of them either.

As far as your statement that we'll probably finish somewhere around 25th in the rankings, I doubt that. As far as your statement that we'd probably be closer to 15 or so if you included Warren and Morely, are you really foolish enough to believe that UT is only school in the nation that will be getting players that don't count in this year's recruiting rankings?

Hmm... well you guys gave me a bunch of info and things to consider and yet I feel even more confuzed now than I did before I started this thread that I should have started in another place. Thanks for your answers!

Fulmer was in Thomasville today recruiting Thompson. Some people believe that he's going to be playing for UT next year.

VN Store

Back