Red Hot Chili Peppers

ut 4 me

Is anyone else here a big fan of the Red Hot Chili Peppers? I absolutely love their music and they are probably my favorite band. Do you guys like them?

Is anyone else here a big fan of the Red Hot Chili Peppers? I absolutely love their music and they are probably my favorite band. Do you guys like them?

I've liked some stuff I've heard by them but overall I've never been really that overwhelmed by anything I've heard. What are your favorite songs?

I've liked some stuff I've heard by them but overall I've never been really that overwhelmed by anything I've heard. What are your favorite songs?

YouTube - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge

YouTube - Otherside

YouTube - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication

YouTube - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Hard To Concentrate

YouTube - Higher Ground

YouTube - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop

But there are so many more. They really don't have any songs that I don't enjoy.

I mean I've heard their hits...I was more curious as to other songs I may not have heard that could sway me.

Also being completely honest, and I try to fight this because it's music, but their "look" doesn't help their case for me.

I guess I respect them, but to be honest lately all their songs sound pretty similar. That's just me.

I mean I've heard their hits...I was more curious as to other songs I may not have heard that could sway me.

Also being completely honest, and I try to fight this because it's music, but their "look" doesn't help their case for me.

I think a lot of people feel the exact same way. They like the music but are scared off by their look.

What about these?

YouTube - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Road Trippin'

YouTube - Universally Speaking

YouTube - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue (probably their best and most famous song)

YouTube - (exclusive!!!!!)---red hot chili peppers---(exclusive!!!!)

YouTube - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Torture Me

YouTube - Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way

YouTube - Red Hot Chili Peppers- Animal Bar

I'm checkin those out now but is there one about a cheetah or something? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Slow Cheetah. It's good.

Also try...

I Could Die For You
Minor Thing
Stadium Arcadium
Wet Sand
Venice Queen

I like their albums, especially their last three. I've seen them live, however, and came away unimpressed. They did a double bill with the Foo Fighters, who I thought blew RHCP off the stage. This was about 7 years ago, though.

Yea I like some of that stuff. I like the most random music, including a lot of jam bands, so who am I to judge looks anyway...

I don't know why but I really like that Slow Cheetah song. The others are good too but just something about their sound is just punk enough (maybe the vocals?) to keep me from REALLY liking them. I definitely did realize that I like them more than I thought through this though.

Slow Cheetah. It's good.

Also try...

I Could Die For You
Minor Thing
Stadium Arcadium
Wet Sand
Venice Queen

I like their albums, especially their last three. I've seen them live, however, and came away unimpressed. They did a double bill with the Foo Fighters, who I thought blew RHCP off the stage. This was about 7 years ago, though.

I missed my chance to attend that concert and you are about the 7th person to tell me the RHCP were a letdown.

Yea I like some of that stuff. I like the most random music, including a lot of jam bands, so who am I to judge looks anyway...

I don't know why but I really like that Slow Cheetah song. The others are good too but just something about their sound is just punk enough (maybe the vocals?) to keep me from REALLY liking them. I definitely did realize that I like them more than I thought through this though.

You'd probably despise their older material. The last two albums (By the Way and Stadium Arcadium) would probably be more to your liking. Slow Cheetah is on Stadium Arcadium. By the Way almost sounds like a more funky Beach Boys album.

You'd probably despise their older material. The last two albums (By the Way and Stadium Arcadium) would probably be more to your liking. Slow Cheetah is on Stadium Arcadium. By the Way almost sounds like a more funky Beach Boys album.

I'll have to check into those tomorrow. I feel like there is a decent amount of RHCP that I would really enjoy I've just needed someone to point me in the right direction.

Coincidentally the same with Radiohead if anyone likes them and has suggestions...

Yes, kpt is definitely right. If you don't like punk, don't listen to their older stuff.

I'm a huge fan of their old stuff. Stadium Arcadium and a lot of the other new stuff I can't stand.

But My Friends, Aeroplane, Soul to Squeeze. That's the good stuff.

Californication was an f-ing phenomenal album.

if you're looking to get into them, this album is a good one to start with. not the best, but a start.

Californication was an f-ing phenomenal album.

if you're looking to get into them, this album is a good one to start with. not the best, but a start.

truth. I still think their best was during the Dave Navarro days though.

actually I guess I should say that if you are new to the RHCP or you enjoy mainstream music more, then the Dave Navarro days may not be your favorites.

Freaky Styley and Uplift Mofo Party Plan bring back some good memories. I love the old stuff and Blood Sugar Sex Magic is about the last one that I liked. I was a HUGE John Frusciante and loved both him and Slovak. The show I recall was around 1990ish at Alumni Gym with Primus and it was pretty good.

VN Store

Back