Remember the LAST VOLS vs Iowa Bowl?

TAF

Oh Yeah...I mean it!
Such a disciplined, well coached Kirk Ferentz Team (who I believe is quitting after the game because the Iowa AD made him fire his Offensive Coordinator son…?)

Reactions: FBtime
My cousin was at the writers workshop at Iowa in the early 80s. Though he’s never cared about collegiate sports, he has a coffee mug commemorating Iowa’s victory in the 1982 Peach Bowl. He uses it to this day. My cousin’s a weird fellow. Tennessee has won the ensuing two meetings.

I don’t think he’ll hang it up, he’s apparently within 8 or so wins from becoming the winningest big 10 coach ever, according to their fans. I also saw he may already own the most losses ever in that conference as well.

If you see a close-up of Ferentz, you can still see the scar on his forehead where he got hit during that game.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
That's what happened to Hurd, was told gonna run the same thing the next year. They straight out lied to him.
Debord ran it I believe. I think we had Kamara and Hurd on the field at times as well during that game. I believe debord was done after that year. He was really the only guy we had that could control Jones’ micromanagement of the offense.

Meh, whatever he was keeping the better rb on the bench at that point.

Yet in all that, no one can point to a single game in 2015-2016 where the running back reps were a factor in any of the 8 losses. No one can point to a loss and say “yep, Kamara not getting those snaps was a reason we lost”

My cousin was at the writers workshop at Iowa in the early 80s. Though he’s never cared about collegiate sports, he has a coffee mug commemorating Iowa’s victory in the 1982 Peach Bowl. He uses it to this day. My cousin’s a weird fellow. Tennessee has won the ensuing two meetings.
Being a mug guy myself I would do the same

I don’t think he’ll hang it up, he’s apparently within 8 or so wins from becoming the winningest big 10 coach ever, according to their fans. I also saw he may already own the most losses ever in that conference as well.
Only if they don’t count the Western conference records, which was the predecessor of the Big 10. Amos Alonzo Stagg is credited with 232 conference wins, Woody Hayes with 205, and Ferentz with 196. Ferentz is the overall leader in losses at 118.

Reactions: eskimovol
I was at that game . Good times. Didn’t Vic Wharton throw a Touchdown pass?
I was thinking he caught one. I was at that game, right up from where the poor Iowa player caught the kickoff near the sideline and immediately stepped out of bounds.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I was thinking he caught one. I was at that game, right up from where the poor Iowa player caught the kickoff near the sideline and immediately stepped out of bounds.
That’s right. Marlin Lane threw it to him maybe? I don’t know. That game is a tad fuzzy..👀

Reactions: DonDiego
Wife and I left the Taxslayer Bowl in a shuttle filled with Iowans. They thought Ferentz was on the way out....whereas we thought we were in good shape with Butch.
Life is funny that way....
Well we did proceed to win three straight bowl games against the Big Ten

The big thing I remeber from that game was Colquitt vs. Robbie the two leading punters of the year.

VN Store

Back