Rep. Mo Brooks Tells Judge He Was Simply ‘Cooperating’ with the ‘White House’

AshG

Easy target
Seeking Immunity From Suit Over Jan. 6th Attack, Rep. Mo Brooks Tells Judge He Was Simply 'Cooperating' with the 'White House'

Brooks was widely criticized for delivering one of the more inflammatory speeches to Trump supporters in the lead up to siege on the U.S. Capitol, telling the crowd that “Today is the day American patriots start taking down names and kicking ass.”

When asked about his incendiary speech, Brooks replied “Cooperating, or not cooperating, with the White House affects a Congressman’s effectiveness. Certainly rejecting the request of the White House to give a speech at the Ellipse could hurt a Congressman’s effectiveness. This is particularly true given the importance of the White House to space, defense and other jobs in a Congressman’s district.”

Seeking Immunity From Suit Over Jan. 6th Attack, Rep. Mo Brooks Tells Judge He Was Simply 'Cooperating' with the 'White House'

Brooks was widely criticized for delivering one of the more inflammatory speeches to Trump supporters in the lead up to siege on the U.S. Capitol, telling the crowd that “Today is the day American patriots start taking down names and kicking ass.”

When asked about his incendiary speech, Brooks replied “Cooperating, or not cooperating, with the White House affects a Congressman’s effectiveness. Certainly rejecting the request of the White House to give a speech at the Ellipse could hurt a Congressman’s effectiveness. This is particularly true given the importance of the White House to space, defense and other jobs in a Congressman’s district.”
This will continue to fall on deaf ears. Trump lovers can't see how awful he was. And it's not even about policy. Even though that sucks too.

This will continue to fall on deaf ears. Trump lovers can't see how awful he was. And it's not even about policy. Even though that sucks too.

I’m one of his constituents and I’m seriously thinking about telling him what a moron he is if I ever get the chance.

I’m one of his constituents and I’m seriously thinking about telling him what a moron he is if I ever get the chance.

He truly is a moron.

In an unusual series of reply filings, Brooks—who is representing himself in the matter—claimed his incendiary speech during Trump’s “Stop the Steal” rally at the Ellipse fell within the scope of his duty as a member of Congress. However, the lawmaker also noted that he has been “faithful to his wife” of 45 years, has never received a speeding ticket or smoked tobacco, and that none of his four children have been divorced.

Mo Brooks is a lawyer, so this is really bad decision.

If he was just some guy who knew more about everything than any lawyer, it wouldn’t be a bad decision.

VN Store

Back