Report: Squad Member Cori Bush Under Criminal Investigation by DOJ

Franklin Pierce

1706636255976.png

Rep. Cori Bush (D-MO), a member of the far-left “Squad” in Congress, is reportedly under investigation by the Department of Justice (DOJ) for allegedly misusing government funds meant for private security.

Punchbowl News first reported that the DOJ is conducting the criminal probe into Bush. The outlet cited six sources for the allegation.

On Monday, the Justice Department subpoenaed the House Sergeant at Arms for records related to the misuse of federal security money.

https://media.breitbart.com/media/2021/05/GettyImages-1231670467.png
1706636357606.png

As Breitbart News reported, the House clerk read a message from the office of the Sergeant at Arms formally notifying the House chamber that the office had been served with a grand jury subpoena by the DOJ.

Bush, 47, is back in the spotlight after in 2021 she took heat for spending $500,000 on private security despite her impassioned pleas to 'defund the police.'

The Missouri lawmaker, who married one of her bodyguards, has spent more than $750,000 on security since she was elected in 2020.

'I'm going to make sure I have security because I know I have had attempts on my life and I have too much work to do,' the former Black Lives Matter activist told CBS News in August 2021. 'So, if I end up spending $200,000, if I spend … 10 more dollars on it, you know what? I get to be here to do the work.'

'So, suck it up,' she added, 'defunding the police has to happen. We need to defund the police and put that money into social safety nets because we're trying to save lives.'

1706639134221.png
Last year Merritts was on the payroll of her re-election campaign

Bush's campaign paid Merritts 24 bi-weekly installments of $2,500 in 2022 for security services. It paid another $250,000 to PEACE Security, a St. Louis-based firm, and $50,000 to a Nathaniel Davis, according to FEC records.

Merritts was paid as Bush's security guard despite not having a license - which is required by the St. Louis Police Department, according to a Fox News report. Merritts was reportedly also not licensed for security in Washington, D.C.

Bush, 47, is back in the spotlight after in 2021 she took heat for spending $500,000 on private security despite her impassioned pleas to 'defund the police.'

The Missouri lawmaker, who married one of her bodyguards, has spent more than $750,000 on security since she was elected in 2020.

'I'm going to make sure I have security because I know I have had attempts on my life and I have too much work to do,' the former Black Lives Matter activist told CBS News in August 2021. 'So, if I end up spending $200,000, if I spend … 10 more dollars on it, you know what? I get to be here to do the work.'

'So, suck it up,' she added, 'defunding the police has to happen. We need to defund the police and put that money into social safety nets because we're trying to save lives.'

View attachment 616082
Last year Merritts was on the payroll of her re-election campaign

Bush's campaign paid Merritts 24 bi-weekly installments of $2,500 in 2022 for security services. It paid another $250,000 to PEACE Security, a St. Louis-based firm, and $50,000 to a Nathaniel Davis, according to FEC records.

Merritts was paid as Bush's security guard despite not having a license - which is required by the St. Louis Police Department, according to a Fox News report. Merritts was reportedly also not licensed for security in Washington, D.C.

I find it funny that his last time is Merritts and he clearly is not qualified for the job.

I find it funny that his last time is Merritts and he clearly is not qualified for the job.
I noticed that too lol.

He may not be qualified based on the merits, but you can’t doubt his dedication to getting that money -

1706642660108.png

Leading the charge for mendez to be expelled are you???
Here's my post from the menendez thread:

Resign, you bum.

See how easy that is, Republicans? We don't accuse the DOJ of being rigged or biased. We don't whine to Mommy or our favorite news outlet. We don't concoct conspiracy theories to explain away the criminality. We just want the bum gone.

You asked about whether I wanted menendez to resign. I did and pointed you to the post. Now you move the goalposts to talk about what the DNC is doing.
Actually i said expelled..which the DnC would need to do...not just voluntarily resign..you moved the goalposts

Good. Investigate her. Charge her if there's a sufficient factual basis.

See goobers. It's not that hard.

You of course are correct.

The MAGAs will him and haw, draw false equivalencies, duck and dodge. Never admit an investigation into Trump could ever have any objective merit.

You of course are correct.

The MAGAs will him and haw, draw false equivalencies, duck and dodge. Never admit an investigation into Trump could ever have any objective merit.
They keep on expecting us to go to the mat for these dirt bags the way they go to the mat for their dirt bags. But nope, I couldn't care less if they go after menendez or Bush or whoever else, as long as they have a sufficient factual basis.

Reactions: lawgator1
They keep on expecting us to go to the mat for these dirt bags the way they go to the mat for their dirt bags. But nope, I couldn't care less if they go after menendez or Bush or whoever else, as long as they have a sufficient factual basis.
1706666004707.gif

Republicans are flabbergasted when they see people committed to country and rule of law over politics and ideologues.

I'd feel the same if it were badass Dark Brandon
Methinks your assessment of what constitutes “sufficient factual basis” might scale with the size of the potato.

VN Store

Back