Revisit of an August Post

Chilmonty

Obviously, ESPN HATES US!
Despite the predictable VN meltdown, nothing has really changed in my opinion.

These are not CBJ's players with only a couple of exceptions. The fact is We are virtually the same team as last year, without the potent playmakers on offense. I hoped the OR game would have been more competitive but not that surprised at the blowout. The obvious problem we have IMO, is that Worley is not the answer unfortunately. He cannot hit a WR in stride from any distance, it seems, which severely limits any possibility of yards after the catch. The one thing we could not do against OR was have a bunch of 3 and outs. Well about a dozen 3 and outs later, we know what happened.

I don't have any idea how the rest of the season goes, but I do know the below, that I originally posted in late august. GO VOLS!!! :rock:

Got my first season tickets this year and I don't think I have ever been this excited for Football Season.

I will Cheer until I am horse at games.

I will be insufferable when we win.

I will be completely depressed for days when we loose.

I will not live and die on every play (of course I will).

I will drink all the booze I can get my hands on while tailgating (its my Duty and I will not shirk it).

And I will support my beloved Vols no matter what happens!

Ahhhhhhh Football Time in Tennessee!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people

These are not CBJ's players with only a couple of exceptions. The fact is We are virtually the same team as last year, without the potent playmakers on offense. I hoped the OR game would have been more competitive but not that surprised at the blowout.

I don't have any idea how the rest of the season goes, but I do know the below, that I originally posted in late august. GO VOLS!!! :rock:

Got my first season tickets this year and I don't think I have ever been this excited for Football Season.

I will drink all the booze I can get my hands on while tailgating (its my Duty and I will not shirk it).

good post

These are not CBJ's players with only a couple of exceptions. The fact is We are virtually the same team as last year, without the potent playmakers on offense. I hoped the OR game would have been more competitive but not that surprised at the blowout.

This is one of the best post I've seen. OP gets it!

Thanks guys. I think Butch is going to have to let Peterman or whomever get a shot at leading this offense. Remember Worley or Peterman was a game week toss up, so Peterman must have done fairly well this fall. Give him a shot CBJ and MAYBE we won't have so many 3 and outs.

There are at least two tests in the rest of this season:

The team.
The fans.

How will each group respond?

VN Store

Back