Rick Clausen

OWB

Never
Staff member
I think that Rick played so well today that he deserves his own thread. I have always been a little nervous about the Clausens playing football, but Rick put me at ease today. He made great choices, threw well enough and led our team and our fans to a victory. I was very impressed with how he handled things. He took some hard hits and bounced right back up, giving the defender a pat on the back for the hit. Congrats Rick, you played a great game and have made us all very proud! :good:

Clausen has to go into spring at #1 on the depth chart. He has really improved and he knows our plays much better than the frosh. Also has a heads up reading defenses. Thanks for transferring to UT Rick!!!

Attachments

• DSC_6312_lg.jpg
    DSC_6312_lg.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 0
Thank you Nick Saban and LSU for never giving him a chance.

I was not a fan of Slick Rick, but as I've said, he's earned my respect and I agree he should be the #1 going into spring practice.

Rick is the man after the nd game when i was walking out of the stadium i was a little mad but he has really came around

I wasn't a fan of Casey and initially I dislike Rick as well. But I think Rick has really proven himself and I have a new found respect for him.

Where are all the clowns that thought that Fulmer should have gone with Cooter after the ND loss? I remember some folks around here absolutley trashing Rick - Gee, I guess these coaches really do know more than you....

Great game today - finally a COMPLETE game.

Originally posted by Septic@Jan 2, 2005 12:37 AM

Probably the best game I've seen since '98. I actually cried a little.

Ain't that silly?

Originally posted by LadyinOrange+Jan 2, 2005 1:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LadyinOrange @ Jan 2, 2005 1:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Septic@Jan 2, 2005 12:37 AM

Probably the best game I&#39;ve seen since &#39;98. I actually cried a little.

Ain&#39;t that silly? [/quote]
Suck it up&#33; ;)

Rick has definitley earned my respect. Whether he should take #1 on the depth chart is debatable, he is definitley a solid QB. With potentially four good qb&#39;s on the roster next year, this is going to be a heck of a debacle&#33;

Probably the best game I&#39;ve seen since &#39;98. I actually cried a little.

I was with a group of Vol fans at a local restaurant/pub for the Cotton Bowl. We litterally didn&#39;t know how to act. When was the last time we were in a commanding lead at half-time? This was new territory for most of us. We couldn&#39;t decide if the "invasion of the body snatchers" had happened to the football players or to us.

Clausen was amazing&#33;

The aggies behind were saying "go home to graceland" in the first quarter. At the beginnning of the fourth, they were on their way home to aggieland.

As quoted in The Commercial Appeal, Memphis, TN by Ron Higgins.

"Memo to Erik Ainge and Brent Schaeffer: 
Dear Guys,
   The quarterback jof is mine until further notice.  If you want it back, you better bring it in spring practice. 
Kindest regards,
Your teammate, Rick Clausen"

Good job Rick

Originally posted by milohimself@Jan 2, 2005 3:36 AM
Rick has definitley earned my respect. Whether he should take #1 on the depth chart is debatable, he is definitley a solid QB. With potentially four good qb&#39;s on the roster next year, this is going to be a heck of a debacle&#33;

I agree that Ainge and company are the future. Before the Cotton Bowl I was hoping that Brent would get to play. By the time they put him in I was like, no keep Rick in, he deserves it.

Give Clausen credit, he managed the game like a pro. He is very cerebral, makes sound choices and saved our season after the Ainge disaster. When will the VN give the Clausen family some love? Remember Jimmy is still out there also. Great job JC, come on over Jonathon Crompton and move Brent Schaeffer to WR or DB. NEVER mention him for QB duty again. Clausen, Ainge are 1-2 and Crompton red shirts. Schaeffer either moves positions or transfers. Sorry, the truth was shown yesterday. :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap:

VN Store

Back