Riggs To Be Honored

duckman398686

VN's One and Only
Gerald Riggs Jr. will be honored at the touchdown club of colombus as "the player to watch of 2005"

Cool man! If he can run next season like he did against the Aubies, we will be in even better shape! :good:

I heard tonight that Gerald is giving up his #31 jersey next season. Apparently one of our new recruits wanted 31 and Gerald obliged. On one hand, it is pretty ballsy for a rookie to ask for Gerald's #. On the other hand, it is cool that GR was enough of a team player to do it!

Shows what kind of player Riggs is. Good for ou Gerald. I expect him to have a huge year not having to share as much with Houston not around. Be interesting to see as well if Coker gets carries this coming season.

Riggs will take Ced's number (21). Demeat will be #31. Arian Foster has a strong chance to be the #2 TB.

LOL.....I don't care what number he's got as long as he's kicking some gator, bammer, and pup butt LOL

Riggs could have a shot at Heisman next year if he runs like he did towards the end of the year against Auburn and A&M....I would say a kid name "Adrian Peterson" would have something to say about that though

I expect Peterson to be freakin' brilliant next season. They will not be passing as much with Rhett Bomar taking snaps now, at least not for a while. I'd say Peterson honestly has the best shot at the Heisman.

With a new QB, the opposing defenses will prolly fill the box to stop the run. If that's true, we'll see if Peterson is as good as he looked this past season.

I think we'll see several posters this fall yelling for Arian Foster to replace Riggs. The coaches and players say Arian is going to be very special, plus you know how fickle fans can be :)

I'm still behind riggs all the way. I wasn't too impresses with him when he first got here since he had a certain case of "fumblelitus." But he convinced me he was for real last year. 1,000 yards and that was when he was sharing time with houston. 05 is his time to break loose.

If you look in the past the vols do a lot better with two backs sharing the carries. Also Riggs has never played a whole game taking 85% of the carries. It will be a real test to play a whole game if he has the stamina he is going places.

:worship: If Riggs stays healthy in 05' he will hit the 1500 yard mark. I will even go so far to say that he will be invited to the heisman ceremonies and maybe even win it. While Foster is supposedly an awesome running back, Riggs will be the man in 05' while others such as Foster and Coker learn what it takes to be the main back. The sharing of carries will be non-existent next season. Riggs will carry us a long way if he can stay healthy.

For the Heisman contention, we can only lose to either Florida or LSU, Riggs will have to hit the 1500 yard mark and share no carries outside of a shutout game. I doubt he will win though because many believe he is not even the best running back in the country, that Adrian Peterson and Reggie Bush are better. I pretty much prescribe to that theory as well, unless Riggs shows up next year and shows that he can put our team on his back for the victory.

the biggest thing that would keep him from winning it would be because he wears Orange1 Screw the hipesman

Riggs will be there only if our offensive line takes him there. Riggs has as much talent as anybody in the country.

I will tell you one thing, Riggs will have one of the best leading blockers in Anderson next year. That is something that Peterson and Bush don't have.

I would like to see Anderson carry the ball more. He's a load to bring down and I think better suited for short yardage situations than Jabari Davis was, plus he has soft hands. I really think he could be a great weapon for us next year.

I agree with TBALLVOL, they need to use Anderson more.....He's a big ole boy and can really haul the mail when he gets going....He's a load to bring down....Got good hands as well....Throw to him some and I would almost guarantee good things will happen...the Cotton Bowl proved that....Give it to Anderson some more

I also thing that Riggs can win the Heisman he just has a lot of competition....Like Volmanjr said...If he don't win it next year(if he has the numbers)it will be because he wears Orange

why didnt we ever play jabri davis at fullback. he was a big boy and i think he would have been an extra threat on the field. But i do think anderson should get more carries, he is a big load.

Riggs has come a long way and a good part of that is due to Trooper Taylor. I am glad McCorvey left. I am happy to see a young man with such potential finally step up.

Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@Feb 4, 2005 10:59 PM
Riggs will take Ced's number (21). Demeat will be #31. Arian Foster has a strong chance to be the #2 TB.

what makes you think he'll switch numbers. I like him as 31 reminds me of ole jamal. and i think lamarcus coker will have a big impact some next year also.

i hope it's not true. i recently bought riggs number and now he's saying he's not wearing it. :blink:

Originally posted by duckman398686@Feb 7, 2005 9:07 PM
i hope it's not true. i recently bought riggs number and now he's saying he's not wearing it. :blink:

I think that's a big reason why they quit putting their names on the back fo the jersies

I think that's a big reason why they quit putting their names on the back fo the jerseys.

i hope you mean on the merchandise.

Originally posted by duckman398686@Feb 7, 2005 9:21 PM
I think that's a big reason why they quit putting their names on the back fo the jerseys.

i hope you mean on the merchandise.

Yes my fault...LOL....Guess I had a brain fart....I got an Ainge jersey this year and asked why they didn't have the names on the back of them and the guy selling them why the names weren't on the back of them and he said because they changed numbers from year to year(in most cases)

VN Store

Back