Rivals Says These Players are Interested In UT BASKETBALL '09

PineyBluff Vol

Players who have shown interest: #17 G 6'4 Leslie McDonald, #28 F 6'8 Kenny Hall, #33 F 6'7 Jamil Wilson, #39 SG 6'6 Jon Hood, #44 F 6'7 Terrance Shannon, #46 F 6'7 Kammeon Halsey, #48 F 6'7 Dante Taylor, #60 F6'7 Ferrakohn Hall, #65 F 6'7 Richard Howell, #66 F 6'10 Mason Plumlee, #72 C 6'9 Shawn Kemp, and #90 G 6'2 Taariq Muhammad.

These players have shown interest in the Basketball Program at the University of Tennessee according to Rivals.Com.

Is Shawn Kemp related to the Shawn Kemp who used to play for Seattle Supersonics- the Travis Henry of the NBA???

Is Shawn Kemp related to the Shawn Kemp who used to play for Seattle Supersonics- the Travis Henry of the NBA???

That's his daddy. He played here in KY not to long ago at the Toyota Basketball Classic. I didn't get to see him play, but the local news reported that he had a decent game and took an unofficial visit to UK. I've seen Jon Hood play 3 times this season. He's a skinny and lanky kid. He's got a decent mid-range shot and streaky from the 3. The reason he's getting a lot of attention here in KY is because he's a dunking highlight reel. He loves to drive the lane and throw it down. I'm not so sure he could do that at college level because of his weight. Of course here in KY the UK faithful already have him coming to UK saying he's the second coming of Rex Chapman. If he can put the weight on and improve his shooting he could be deadly. He's still just a junior.

I forgot. They had a huge article about Jon Hood a couple of weeks ago in the Lexington Herald Leader. If I'm not mistaken it said he had visited UT already. It did quote him saying he liked UT and that he really loved CBP. I think given time he could be really good.

VN Store

Back