Rivals Top 100..

Thanks for the post! Quite a few have Tn on their list. Hope we can grab 7 or 8 of the top 100 again this year.

Players who have us on their list:

1 Percy Harvin WR ***** 6-1/188 Virginia Beach (VA) Landstown
The most dynamic playmaker in the country, Harvin dominates in big games, including the state championship game when he accounted for 475 total yards.

2 Andre Smith OL ***** 6-5/328 Birmingham (AL) Huffman
Interior linemen are rarely ranked this high, but Smith isn’t your typical guard. He is physically developed with a 535-pound squat and a 4.9-second 40-yard dash.

4 LeSean McCoy RB ***** 5-11/204 Harrisburg (PA) Bishop McDevitt
Great vision, change of direction and speed. Has put up big numbers during the past two years with more than 5,300 yards on the ground.

5 Carl Johnson OL ***** 6-6/325 Durham (NC) Southern
Massive tackle that dominates in the run game. As a junior, he had 100 pancake blocks and graded out between 85 and 90 percent every game.

16 Antonio Logan-El OL ***** 6-4/307 Forestville (MD) Forestville Maryland - Soft Verbal
The big, athletic tackle brings a defensive mentality to the offensive line and just now is starting to hit the weight room to get even stronger.

20 Vidal Hazelton WR ***** 6-2/194 Staten Island (NY) Moore Catholic
Hazelton could be the most polished and refined receiver in the country. He had 39 receptions for 784 yards and 17 scores last season.

29 Josh Tatum LB **** 6-0/220 Oakland (CA) McClymonds
Reminds a lot of people of Kevin Simon when he was coming out of Northern California in 2000, posting similar stats of 135 tackles, 10 sacks, eight forced fumbles and five interceptions as a junior.

31 Marcus Tillman DE **** 6-4/250 Meadville (MS) Franklin County LSU - Solid Verbal
The top player in the Magnolia State is blessed with a great first step, which helped him sack the quarterback 16 times as a junior.

33 Clifton Geathers OL **** 6-7/280 Carvers Bay (SC)
When talking about a high ceiling, nobody tops out higher than Geathers. His father, Robert Sr., is an NFL veteran who starred with the Buffalo Bills.

35 Antwine Perez DB **** 6-1/199 Camden (NJ) Woodrow Wilson
Perez's open-field hits have drawn Ronnie Lott comparisons. His 58 tackles, five interceptions and 1,700 yards passing on offense remind people of other NFL stars.

38 Jamere Holland WR **** 6-1/175 Woodland Hills (CA) Taft
One opposing coach called him the most explosive player he’s seen since Napoleon Kaufman. One of the West’s fastest sprinters, Holland runs a 10.3-second 100 meters.

42 Ricky Sapp DE **** 6-5/225 Bamberg (SC) Bamberg-Ehrhardt
In a great year in South Carolina, Sapp ranks as one of the nation’s best pass rushers because of his non-stop pursuit. He had 70 tackles and 11 sacks in 2004.

46 Micah Johnson DE **** 6-2/267 Ft. Campbell (KY)
Linebacker, defensive end or tackle – it really doesn’t matter because Johnson could project at each of the spots. He makes big plays all over the field and piled up 173 tackles as a junior.

47 Tim Hawthorne WR **** 6-3/202 Homewood (AL) Homewood
Shot up the charts with his long frame, great speed and big-play ability from anywhere on the field. His 1,360 receiving yards and 14 touchdowns are also impressive.

48 Adam Patterson DT **** 6-2/262 Columbia (SC) Richland Northeast
Reminds a lot of college coaches of Tommie Harris with his combination of size and speed. Recorded 66 tackles and 11 tackles for losses as a junior.

50 C.J. Spiller RB **** 5-9/185 Lake Butler (FL) Union County
One of the most exciting players with the ball in his hands, Spiller was a touchdown machine as a junior, finding the end zone 26 times.

51 Aaron Brown OL **** 6-6/290 Cincinnati (OH) Princeton
A lot like Geathers, Brown’s future upside is amazing. He has a great frame to work with and is nimble, having recorded a 5.1-second time in the 40-yard dash, impressive for a 6-6, 290-pounder.

54 Demetrius Jones QB **** 6-3/192 Chicago (IL) Morgan Park
Delivers in big games for one of the best programs in the Chicago Public League. Jones rolled up 1,100 yards rushing and 2,300 yards passing as a junior.

60 Brandon Warren ATH **** 6-2/230 Alcoa (TN) Alcoa
Warren could project at a number of different positions in college. As a junior, he had 950 yards receiving, 75 tackles, 24 tackles for losses and 20 sacks.

61 J.B. Walton OL **** 6-3/275 Indian Head (MD) Lackey
Best pulling-guard prospect in years from the Atlantic East Region. Walton earned first-team all-state honors as a junior.

66 Marcus Sims LB **** 6-0/211 Tallahassee (FL) North Florida Christian
People who say he’s not on the same level as his brother, FSU linebacker Ernie Sims, might be wrong. The younger Sims does everything you want from a big-time prospect and had 900 yards rushing and 94 tackles in 2004.

67 Jeremiha Hunter LB **** 6-2/220 Manheim (PA) Manheim Central
Does everything from making big hits to reeling in four interceptions. Also a threat on offense, Hunter recorded 1,100 yards rushing and 24 touchdowns as a junior.

71 Jacques McClendon OL **** 6-3/295 Chattanooga (TN) Baylor Tennessee - Soft Verbal
A dominating blocker with good feet, McClendon moves well for a player his size.

73 Akeem Hebron LB **** 6-1/195 Gaithersburg (MD) Good Counsel
Hebron’s long arms, explosiveness and hitting ability could land him at linebacker or safety. He had 95 tackles, five sacks and one interception in 2004 to show how versatile he is.

78 Daniel Johnson DB **** 6-3/195 Houston (TX) Spring Woods
Johnson continued to mature as a high-level prospect late in his junior season when his game caught up with his measurables. He's been clocked as fast as 21.26 in the 200 meters in track.

80 Charles Deas OL **** 6-4/315 Ft. Lauderdale (FL) Boyd Anderson
Many like him as one of Florida’s top defensive tackles, but his future could be at guard. Ran an obscene 4.88-second 40-yard dash at a NIKE Combine this spring.

99 Jake Locker QB **** 6-3/210 Ferndale (WA) Ferndale
One college coach described him as “a right-handed Tim Tebow.” Locker has a strong arm and great feet like the five-star Tebow, and passed for 1,200 yards, rushed for 1,000 yards and accounted for 30 touchdowns.

It might be unrelastic but it would be AWESOME if we could land 8 to 11 of those 27 minus the 2 QB's. Would be espically great if the majority of them were D-Line or RB/WR, because if you look at it were great there this year but losing virtually the whole starting D-Line next year and I would like a bigger running back to replace Riggs next year. Not that I don't like the kid we got this year (Coker) but he is kinda small, and I worry about him being a everydown RB.

Originally posted by Give him SIX!@Jun 1, 2005 3:48 PM
It might be unrelastic but it would be AWESOME if we could land 8 to 11 of those 27 minus the 2 QB's.  Would be espically great if the majority of them were D-Line or RB/WR, because if you look at it were great there this year but losing virtually the whole starting D-Line next year and I would like a bigger running back to replace Riggs next year.  Not that I don't like the kid we got this year (Coker) but he is kinda small, and I worry about him being a everydown RB.
[snapback]99951[/snapback]​

You've obviously forgotten about Hardesty.

UT is loaded at RB:
Foster
Williams
Hardesty
Coker

No i didn't forget about Hardesty. Not to say that he won't be a good RB but we don't even know if he will play RB he could end up at safety or something. And if he does end up at RB I don't think that most people look at him as a absolute guarantee to be a great RB. He did make the tail end of Rivals top 100 as a athlete, I'm just saying that I would like someone who coming out of High School that when you see them play you say that there is NO doubt that they are going to be a big time difference maker. Someone like Adrian Peterson was coming out. Kinda like when you see Crompton and Morley on film you know they are going to be great. I put Foster in that same catagory as Hardesty but even less praised coming out of High School. You could very well be right though and one of these guys becomes the next dominant back at UT. I'm just saying I would like the sure thing alot more.

Trooper wanted Hardesty as an RB.

As of 5/26

All-Purpose Back(8)

Preston Brown - 5-10/180/4.4 Antioch, TN
Jermaine Doctor - 5-10/190/4.45 Miami, FL
Damion Fletcher - 5-10/167/4.5 Biloxi, MS
Elijah Griffin - 5-8/170/4.5 Westerville, OH
Andre Harris - 6-0/220/4.5 Woodland Hills, CA
Gaston Miller - 5-6/150/4.4 Murfreesboro, TN
LeAnthony Taylor - 5-9/185/4.5 Huntsville, AL
Johnny White - 6-0/195/4.4 Asheville, NC

Running Back(24)

Josh Adams - 5-11/177/4.5 Cary, NC
Anthony Allen - 6-0/215/4.55 Tampa, FL
Courtney Anderson - 5-10/205/4.5 Woodbridge, VA
Andre Anderson - 5-11/190/4.53 Stone Mountain, GA
Michael Angram - 5-11/165/4.6 East Flat Rock, NC
Jared Bradley - 6-1/200/4.6 Wallingford, PA
Chris Brown - 5-10/192/4.4 Alexandria, LA
T.J. Cole - 5-10/185/4.49 Upper Marlboro, MD
Graig Cooper - 6-0/180/4.45 Memphis, TN
Jock Crawford - 6-1/210/4.5 Cordova, TN
Randy Dupree - 5-11/200/4.5 Attalla, AL
William Griffin - 5-11/205/4.5 Patterson, LA
Reggie Hicks - 6-2/227/4.7 Madison, MS
Dustin Lindsey - 6-1/215/- Alcoa, TN Tennessee
Courtland Mariner - 5-9/180/4.4 Chesapeake, VA
Matt Mayberry - 6-2/205/- Darien, IL
**LeSean McCoy - 5-10/193/4.4 Harrisburg, PA
Ryan Odell - 6-0/190/4.5 Medford, OR
Keith Payne - 6-2/215/4.41 Vienna, VA
Evan Royster - 6-0/190/4.45 Centreville, VA
Germichael Sanford - 5-11/200/4.5 Batesville, MS
**C.J. Spiller - 5-11/185/4.4 Lake Butler, FL
Norman Whitley - 5-11/185/- Rockingham, NC
Terry Williams - 5-9/169/4.45 Miami, FL

actually more than that is looking at us, based on scout. id say 3-5 more are looking at us that rivals hasnt listed, most noticably is connor smith. smith has ut in his final 3 with michigan and osu and plans to commit before july. stafon johnson and stephen schilling are also looking at ut based on scout, im sure a couple others are as well.

Nice Post Vol67, and I hope your right on Hardsety. Didn't Coker come from Antioch, Tn the same school as Preston Brown if so that school must have been loaded last year. And didn't Dustin Lindsey allready commit to TN. I like his size.

Originally posted by hvwarrior58@Jun 1, 2005 8:33 PM
actually more than that is looking at us, based on scout. id say 3-5 more are looking at us that rivals hasnt listed, most noticably is connor smith. smith has ut in his final 3 with michigan and osu and plans to commit before july. stafon johnson and stephen schilling are also looking at ut based on scout, im sure a couple others are as well.
[snapback]100020[/snapback]​

Based experience Scouts is usually no where near correct nor are they close. Rivals is alot more accurate. Scout has very, very little inside or knowledgable info especially when it comes to recruiting.

Stafon Johnson is not listed because he is looking at everybody in the country, he hasn't even gotten clsoe to who he really likes yet.

Conner Smith is OSU Bound

Stephen Schillings as of 5/26 listed these schools:
Arizona State
Michigan
Nebraska
Oregon
Southern Cal
UCLA
Washington
Washington St.

Tennessee has offered and that is what scout is going on that doesn't mean Schilling returns the interest.

Originally posted by Give him SIX!@Jun 1, 2005 9:14 PM
Nice Post Vol67, and I hope your right on Hardsety.  Didn't Coker come from Antioch, Tn the same school as Preston Brown if so that school must have been loaded last year.  And didn't Dustin Lindsey allready commit to TN.  I like his size.
[snapback]100031[/snapback]​

Yes Coker and preston Brown went to the same high school.
Dustin was recruited as an Athlete and that is how he committed to UT. The thought there is DB or LB.

Originally posted by Give him SIX!@Jun 1, 2005 9:16 PM
Rivals has Mclendon listed as a guard.  I thougt he played tackle, someone correct me if I am wrong.
[snapback]100032[/snapback]​

He is an OG, that is what he plays in HS and what UT has recruited him for.

Hey Vol67 if you had to give a estimated opinion right now on how we were going to do on recruiting this year, how do you think we are going to do? #1 again I think might be pretty hard.

Due to limited scholarships this year Top 10 would be considered exceptional.

How limited can we be? This team is got quite a few seniors on it, more than last year anyways and we had plenty of scholarships to go around then.

With the new apr rules and the fact that as of right now atleast 3 scholarships will have to be used on 2 attending prep school and atleast 1 greyshirting.

15 Seniors this fall

I read on another board where people were very mad that several players didnt get a 5th star.

People, chill out (No one HERE)....it's a freakin recruiting site that rarely gets things right.

Originally posted by U-T@Jun 5, 2005 9:12 PM
I read on another board where people were very mad that several players didnt get a 5th star.

People, chill out (No one HERE)....it's a freakin recruiting site that rarely gets things right.
[snapback]101202[/snapback]​

Although I believe Rivals is the best of any of them. There's a bunch of five stars this year anyhow.

VN Store

Back