Rob Spence of Clemson (Merged)

Rasputin_Vol

"Slava Ukraina"
Just heard his name come up as an interesting candidate that Tennessee could look at for offensive coordinator.

Well, it would make sense. We're now a perennial 8-4, 9-3 team. A guy from Clemson would fit right in with the program.

Well, it would make sense. We're now a perennial 8-4, 9-3 team. A guy from Clemson would fit right in with the program.

Well, who else is available that we could realistically get that comes from a program with a better record?

His offense couldn't muster more than 3 points in a trip to Georgia Tech this year.

And still lead the conference in scoring.

Nice to single out one game where the Clemson kicker missed a ton of field goals and they had other miscues on special teams.

Also note the 23 they put up against a USC defense that had just come off of maulings against Arky and UF.

Davis <<< McFadden or Tebow

Let's not get outrageous.

Look, not saying he would be my top choice, but judging him based on one game against GaTech in the 3 or so years isn't a good reason to quickly dismiss him, either. If you want to blame him for Clemson being an 8-9 win team, I got news for you... they were an 8-9 win team long before he got there. Tommy B. may have more to do with that than anything.

If you want to blame him for Clemson being an 8-9 win team, I got news for you... they were an 8-9 win team long before he got there. Tommy B. may have more to do with that than anything.

If they were an 8-9 win team before him, and they're still an 8-9 win today, what makes you think he can take Tennessee to the next level?

If they were an 8-9 win team before him, and they're still an 8-9 win today, what makes you think he can take Tennessee to the next level?

I don't know that. But that name was thrown out today as a possible "safe pick" for Fulmer to consider. Like I said, I'm neutral on the idea, myself. Wouldn't exactly blow me away. But it would be the type of hire that Fulmer would make to stay within his comfort zone.

I was just looking for some opinions and /or reasons why it would be a "bad" hire. But all I got was that he scored 3 points against GaTech. I was hoping for something more detailed than highlighting one game in three seasons, I guess. :unsure:

I think Spence is a good coach...Fulmer needs to hire a great coach though.

I realize the Clemson's offense was productive in the ACC...but, take a look at their schedule. They piled the points on teams like Duke, Furman, Louisiana Monroe, NC State, and Wake Forest.

His offense had a chance to secure an ACC Championship Game appearance, and they couldn't manufacture first downs against a banged-up Boston College defense.

Again, I don't think he's a bad coach. I just have very little confidence that his offense would stroll into Gainesville, Baton Rouge, or Athens and put big points on the board.

Terrible idea. I'd rather take a look at guys from Oklahoma, Missouri, or Oregon just to name a few. I think anyone on those staffs is a realistic candidate to come to Knoxville. We can do a lot better than the offensive coordinator from a middle of the road team in the worst BCS conference.

The ACC or Big 10 would not be my idea of fertile ground for the OC position. Go west young man, go west.

You may be used to it a little, but the bubble screen call is so predictable that it lost CU the fastest receiver in the NCAA on one play this year. Instead of picking the ball the defensive back just decided to lead with the helmet into Jacoby Ford's chest.

VN Store

Back