Running with the big dogs

#27VFL

The last few years we were competing against vandy, Missouri, Army, East Carolina etc for football recruits. We justified it as looking for "smart" and high "charactor" young men. Butch in one season has been competing with UGA, Florida, Bama, OSU, etc... And we are WINNING the recruiting battles. We haven't been able to do this since Saban has been at UA. College football programs have ups and downs. I'm more excited about this program than I have been since 2001. Butch doing big thangz!!

Reactions: 11 people
The last few years we were competing against vandy, Missouri, Army, East Carolina etc for football recruits. We justified it as looking for "smart" and high "charactor" young men. Butch in one season has been competing with UGA, Florida, Bama, OSU, etc... And we are WINNING the recruiting battles. We haven't been able to do this since Saban has been at UA. College football programs have ups and downs. I'm more excited about this program than I have been since 2001. Butch doing big thangz!!

I haven't seen anyone call anybody a "Negavol" and "Stargazers" in a while. :)

Couldn't disagree if I tried. Well said op.

Specifically we are a top 3 of Davonte Lambert who is a juco DL who also list UF and auburn.

And Juco DL Lance McDowell who has 2 teams as finalist in Bama and Vols.

I think we will end up landing some more big commits before signing day. I wouldn't be surprised to see our current list look greatly modified by then

Reactions: 1 person
Specifically we are a top 3 of Davonte Lambert who is a juco DL who also list UF and auburn.

And Juco DL Lance McDowell who has 2 teams as finalist in Bama and Vols.

I think we will end up landing some more big commits before signing day. I wouldn't be surprised to see our current list look greatly modified by then

Stargazer, IMO...

:)

OP gets it!

All of this wait and see stuff sucks. It's time to get behind these men and push them to the top. GBO - VFL:clapping::salute::td:

Reactions: 2 people
tumblr_loahfgJ9oA1qm6sfao1_500.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Dorial Green-Beckham, for one.

The number one recruit that season? But we should have been competing for/recruiting him just like everyone else was.

(Huh, according to Rivals, we weren't even one of the 20 schools listed in his college choices.)

(Now, though, I think we might have also recruited Boehm as well but he was also rated the 7th best guard in the nation.)

Butch is on fire. This season will be a very interesting one, for sure. Can we overachieve? Can we find a QB? If we don't, will the fan base be understanding and patient, trusting in the coaching staff to lead us back? Will the recruits stand by their commitments to return UT to the upper echelon of the SEC?

VN Store

Back