Sam Jackson on the Hot Seat

milohimself

RIP CITY
That interview thing on SportsCenter. Said he modeled his performance in Coach Carter after Coach Pat Summitt, and I was kind of suprised he didn't get kicked off the show for praising something from Tennessee.

Anybody gonna see that movie? I think it looks great.

Not only that, but he had a lot of compliments for Coach Summitt.

I doubt it, remarkably ESPN has always seemed to like lady vols basketball...

Nice comments from him, still not a fan. He is a flaming liberal, Kerry supporter. That is "W"eak.

I know this photo is inappropriate but, no worse than the broads in the photo of the day section. Forgive if across the line.

Originally posted by crazyguy@Jan 6, 2005 9:37 PM
I doubt it, remarkably ESPN has always seemed to like lady vols basketball...

Yeah, they don't care if we are known as a women's basketball school. As long as it is not football.

Could care less whether he is a liberal or not, he's a great actor. Love Samuel L, and I like him even more after his comments about Pat last night.

Originally posted by orangetd88@Jan 6, 2005 11:04 PM
Could care less whether he is a liberal or not, he's a great actor. Love Samuel L, and I like him even more after his comments about Pat last night.

Agreed.

Although he made some comments about the Pistons brawl and a race issue. I really didn't really understand that one. (I was only half listening).

He said something about some folks had construed it to be the white fans versus the black athelete, or something like that. It was kinda dumb, really.

But hey, anybody that can make some guy with a fro dripping with geri curl juice quoting bible verses before shooting the room up cool, they are OK with me. LOL

For those who don't get it, I'm referring to Pulp Fiction.

Originally posted by orangetd88@Jan 6, 2005 11:28 PM
But hey, anybody that can make some guy with a fro dripping with geri curl juice quoting bible verses before shooting the room up cool, they are OK with me. LOL

B)

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Jan 6, 2005 9:42 PM
I know this photo is inappropriate but, no worse than the broads in the photo of the day section. Forgive if across the line.

What photo?

:dunno:

Originally posted by orangetd88@Jan 6, 2005 8:28 PM

I cannot dislike anything Sam Jackson does because of that movie.

FYI, Sam Jackson grew up in Chattanooga, Tennessee. I think his grandmother still lives here. However, he claims certain negative incidents (racial?) occurred while he was growing up in Chattanooga and does not visit nor make any claims regarding Chattanooga. Whenever he wants to see his grandmother, he meets her in Atlanta, where he went to college.

That's cool -- I didn't know I shared a birthplace with one of my favorite actors.

As far as ESPN liking the Lady Vols, I think it's just to piss us off even more.

What do they call a whopper?

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Jan 7, 2005 9:27 AM
That's cool -- I didn't know I shared a birthplace with one of my favorite actors.

Samuel Leroy Jackson was born December 21, 1948, in Washington D.C. but was raised in Chattanooga, Tennessee by his maternal grandmother. As a child, Jackson was affected by the censorship in the South with regard to the portrayal of blacks in film.

Aw, dang it.

Speaking of, what part of C'noogy do you live in? My grandparents are still in East Ridge and I lived on top of the ridge for a couple of months a while back.

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Jan 7, 2005 11:13 AM
Aw, dang it.

Speaking of, what part of C'noogy do you live in? My grandparents are still in East Ridge and I lived on top of the ridge for a couple of months a while back.

I live in the Hixson area.

Royal with cheese or Central Park in nooga. :D

I lived in East Brainard as a kid and still have many family members living there. I went back for thanksgiving and had a blast!

In Chattanooga? Just kidding with you. There is some fun to be had downtown nowadays. Last time I was there we went to some Martini-esque bar and played Golden Tee.

Lived for Central Park while visiting my grandparents when I was a kid.

VN Store

Back