Sanchez Beats Out Mustain.

hatvol96

Gee, real shocker. Where are all the geniuses around here who were saying Mindless Mitch would be the starter at SC?

sanchez didn't look great last year when replacing booty, but he was a huge recruit and has a monster arm and decent mobility

I wasn't one of those geniuses this time. Thought it was the second most stupid thing the kid had done in his young football career.

His mom and the athletic director will have a conference call later this week.

There was no glorified high school coach for her to sleep with at SC. That really hurt Mustain's chances.

That and the fact that he is a mama's boy. We all know mama's boys do not make good leaders.

and pete hasn't been one to have a short leash at SC. i'd be surprised if mustain sees the field this year.

I sort of feel sorry for Mustain. I've never been able to tell if he is where he wants to be, or if he is where his mom wants him to be. You have a very limited amount of time to prove yourself at the collegiate level, and as it turns out he would have been better off staying at Arkansas. Mustain makes his own bed for sure, but people seem to have been making bad decisions for him.

I sort of feel sorry for Mustain. I've never been able to tell if he is where he wants to be, or if he is where his mom wants him to be. You have a very limited amount of time to prove yourself at the collegiate level, and as it turns out he would have been better off staying at Arkansas. Mustain makes his own bed for sure, but people seem to have been making bad decisions for him.

As far as playing time is concerned, you're right...he'd be better off at Arkansas.

Other than that, I'm sure he is quite satisfied with the upgrade from Fayetteville to sunny southern California.

Mitch seems a little confused:

There was no mystery that Mark Sanchez would be named the starter, but we hear Mitch Mustain was a little confused Tuesday about the meaning of the announcement and where he stood. Specifically, he wanted to know if it meant he would not have a chance to win the job in the fall.
And it wasn't hard to see his disappointment with the decision.
``I don’t think it’s closed. We’ve got a lot of time,’’ he said. ``I feel like I’ve done everything I could. They were fairly set on a decision at the end of spring.’’

Did Mitch Mustain make a mistake transferring to USC?
``I want to play at a big-time place and I feel I can. USC is one of the biggest,’’ Mustain said. ``I feel the benefits if you get the job would far outweigh it. I’ll always feel it was the best place.

Scott Wolf inside USC

I see a Div II transfer soon.

I see a Div II transfer soon.

If he wants to make it to the NFL, I wouldn't be shocked. But man, can you imagine the baggage that guy is going to be carrying around when he tries to get to his 3rd D1 school?

I wonder if sometimes Mustain mutters, "That damned dirty Sanchez!"

Too Funny....especially the “I didn’t come here to be a backup,” part.

UT has a QB; South Carolina has a question mark | Mr. College Football | ajc.com

Mustain will start season at No. 2: Looks like Arkansas transfer Mitch Mustain may have to wait a while to get on the field at Southern Cal. Coach Pete Carroll named Mark Sanchez the starter early last week and the redshirt junior backed up his coach by having a very solid spring game (16 of 24, 203 yards, three touchdowns). Some Arkansas friends were telling me that the job would be Mustain’s as soon as he walked on to the USC campus. But Sanchez, you should remember, was the Parade All-America player of the year in 2004. This guy was a big-time recruit, just like Mr. Mustain. “I didn’t come here to be a backup,” Mustain told the Los Angeles Times on Saturday. Well, a lot of guys go to Southern Cal not planning to be backups. Stay tuned

VN Store

Back