Saturday Down South Article

Dooley Noted

'00 Alumnus
Just a little blurb I saw on Saturday Down South about our 2-0 start (link below).

Quote 1: "No doubt Jones is the guy, but let’s pump the breaks on the Vols winning seven or eight."

My question is: Nationally speaking, who is talking about us winning 7-8 games? Nobody I know of...

Quote 2: "let’s not even overreact to the Oregon outcome this weekend. Florida is the more accurate measuring stick in two weeks."

Agree 100%. We can lose to Oregon by 100 and if we manage to pull off an upset of Florida, we'll be rock stars, IMO.

5 things we

wish we had Florida this week - Feel like they always play their best game against us

But I do feel going out to Oregon will prep us for the trip to Gainesville.

wish we had Florida this week - Feel like they always play their best game against us

Agree. I just hope we come out injury-free. Can't afford to have any more injuries on an already thin team.

Reactions: 1 person
Nobody is talking about us bc until we prove em wrong they have no reason to. I hope we prove everyone wrong... I hope we are the surprise team this year!!! Thus far we haven't played anybody of significance but if worley can start throwing it deep and our receivers get some confidence i believe we are capable of doing it all!!! We all need to believe again!!!

I'm sure 1 thing is on CBJ minds, is to be completive but don't lose Justin Worley in the process, they must keep him from loosing his confidence in the process of the OU game because we do have bigger fish to fry in week 4.

Just a little blurb I saw on Saturday Down South about our 2-0 start (link below).

Quote 1: "No doubt Jones is the guy, but let’s pump the breaks on the Vols winning seven or eight."

My question is: Nationally speaking, who is talking about us winning 7-8 games? Nobody I know of...

The site is Saturday Down South...not Saturday Nationally.

Regarding the 7-8 win total they probably got it from here! It's probably the same posters that were praising UT's performance last Sat while downplaying Oregon's performance against UVA.

It will be ugly this weekend and highly likely the Florida weekend as well. we knew that before the season started. Just need to play smart to minimize mistakes and try our hardest. Sometimes the blind squirrel gets the acorn. Sometimes.......

It all hinges on our Qtb play.. Vols are or have looked competitive all areas but qtb play concerns me. I fully support my vols. Maybe if Worley utilizes the running game.. short passes.. screens etc. We can be competitive. God.. no long passes down the field.. they need to also the the ball to pig more..enough said. We will all see this weekend what are coaeches and players are made of..

I tend to disagree the cross country back and forth and two away games in a row in very hostile environment, against top 15 teams. Really tough.

VN Store

Back