Savage to Auburn

It's not like he would have made in impact this year. He's only 260 lbs. He's atleast a year away from being the right size for DT in the SEC. Doesn't mean he will be there mentally.

It's not like he would have made in impact this year. He's only 260 lbs. He's atleast a year away from being the right size for DT in the SEC. Doesn't mean he will be there mentally.

Couldn't you say that about basically any DT coming out of High School? I'd say DT's ready to contribute in the SEC their freshman year are very few and far between

Couldn't you say that about basically any DT coming out of High School? I'd say DT's ready to contribute in the SEC their freshman year are very few and far between

That's a good point. Makes you wonder why we didn't heavily recruit a JUCO DT doesn't it? Or, maybe we did and they have turned us down like all the others. There are still a couple out there uncommited. I think I would be on their doorstep tonight!

BTW - Simi Kuli, #1 JUCO player and 5* DE on Rivals committed to Oregon State today.

Who cares if he won't be ready? He probably has the most intimidating name in football. Now we lost him to another SEC school.

Jamarcus Savage...

This stinks.

UT needs some guys in this class to develop for 2009 at DT. Fisher and Bolden will be gone after this year leaving only Williams, Langley, Nelson, and Thomas.

This stinks.

UT needs some guys in this class to develop for 2009 at DT. Fisher and Bolden will be gone after this year leaving only Williams, Langley, Nelson, and Thomas.

It looks like were going to have alot of depth in 09.

I can't remember which but I think one of them played some this year. Both were projects that needed to gain weight and strength.

FTR, 4 guys isn't depth. Even assuming Hall and Sykes make it back ready to play SEC DT... 6 guys isn't enough at that position. They probably need 7-8 that are pushing each other to return to the elite levels of the past.

I can't remember which but I think one of them played some this year. Both were projects that needed to gain weight and strength.

FTR, 4 guys isn't depth. Even assuming Hall and Sykes make it back ready to play SEC DT... 6 guys isn't enough at that position. They probably need 7-8 that are pushing each other to return to the elite levels of the past.

Nelson played and looks to be decent. Thomas is terrible and should never see the field for any meaningful snaps.

Thanks. That is interesting since Rivals rated Thomas slightly higher than Nelson.

VN Store

Back