Saying sooth

OrangeByBirth

Old time Vol
I've had some success but have not gained the financial rewards I had hoped to receive in my career. As I approach retirement, I am going to move into predictions as a soothsayer. Those guys were always highly valued in ancient days. My (MY) pre-season predictions:

• The 2013 season will leave fans anxious for 2014
  • A surprising victory over Oregon will cause unachievable expections
  • There will be constant forum babble about the need for something called "mobility"
  • Running back will be by committee
  • Vandy tickets will be a scalper's dream
  • There will be somewhere around 500 other prediction threads
  • Jones will win the hearts and minds of almost all fans
  • The offensive line and defensive lines will astound folks
  • Wide receivers will be among the best in the SEC
  • Jadaveon Clowney will win the Heisman
  • There will be more orange at KY than blue
  • It will be a winning season and exceed most anticipation
  • I will be a BIG ORANGE fan for another year

Reactions: 10 people
I like it. I'm also onboard with about 90% of it.

I think we will shock the world in Oregon. Can't wait for that game!

I've had some success but have not gained the financial rewards I had hoped to receive in my career. As I approach retirement, I am going to move into predictions as a soothsayer. Those guys were always highly valued in ancient days. My (MY) pre-season predictions:

• There will be constant forum babble about the need for something called "mobility"

I don't believe that Clowney will win the Heisman! I can't remember a Heisman favorite, actually winning the Heisman.

12 months ago, most people had the mindset that Andrew Luck would win the Heisman. Didn't happen.

Years ago, many people had the thought that Manning would win the Heisman, but he didn't.

It is almost impossible to be the Heisman favorite and maintain that favor the entire season and actually win it.

The person who wins this Heisman, is someone that is virtually an unknown today.

"The first shot of Butch Jones at the Oregon game will be while he is re-adjusting."

Reactions: 2 people

One would assume that Fulmer Fan Holdovers are the few remaining CBJ holdouts? Good Post.

Could give two hoots about the heisman, it has no legitamacy. Tennessee has receivers all over the field and all they have to do is get to thier spot and catch the ball...that's Butches system in a nutshell. I've gone on record from the spring game saying I like our receivers and backs. We have what we need to win. Targets everywhere.

I will say numerous curse words during the Florida and Bama games

This is what I normally do when we play Fl and Bama. I hope Butch can change that!!

jimmy-page-face-palm-o.gif

We stand better odds of upsetting GA or SCe than Oregon IMO. I think people will be excited for 2014, but we're a 7-6 team with this schedule. Anything above that will be nothing short of hard work, determination, and great coaching. I also think by the time Vandy rolls around, tickets will be cheap.

We stand better odds of upsetting GA or SCe than Oregon IMO. I think people will be excited for 2014, but we're a 7-6 team with this schedule. Anything above that will be nothing short of hard work, determination, and great coaching. I also think by the time Vandy rolls around, tickets will be cheap.

I think Oregon is far more overrated than Georgia or USCjr.

I don't believe that Clowney will win the Heisman! I can't remember a Heisman favorite, actually winning the Heisman.

12 months ago, most people had the mindset that Andrew Luck would win the Heisman. Didn't happen.
Years ago, many people had the thought that Manning would win the Heisman, but he didn't.

It is almost impossible to be the Heisman favorite and maintain that favor the entire season and actually win it.

The person who wins this Heisman, is someone that is virtually an unknown today.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 12 months ago I'm pretty sure Andrew Luck was getting ready for his first NFL Summer Camp.

I get what you are saying though...just messin a little.

Reactions: 1 person
Prediction:
I will drink heavily this season! Hopefully mostly in celebration and not depression! :)

I am CHILstradamus!

I'll take it!

I usually curse because of something stupid we do on the field....I ran out of combination curse words last year..

Watching that defense last year, most of my friends thought I had Tourette's syndrome. Worst Tennessee defense of all time....it has to be better this year.

VN Store

Back