Schaeffer And Smith Arrested For

Well just hearing things from students and other posters but there is a link at GoVolsXtra but I dont have a membership.

it seems as though thte cat is out of the bag now... those two were involved in an altercation at clememnt hall at 5 am with some one sitting at a desk. not sure of his stature, maybe ra type.. an argument ensued over a girl.... baseball batts were brandished; however, those were dropped and a fight occured with fists.. the affiant ( victim) received a wound and needed 4 staples in his head...

A University of Tennessee football player is facing charges this morning. Reports show police arrested and charged back-up quarterback Brent Schafer and Brentrick Smith with simple assault charges overnight.Both men have been released, our Sports Overtime crew will have more on the incident later today.

According to the Police Report.... Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems Schaeffer was defending himself. The guy was coming at him with a baseball bat, and Schaeffer threw him to the floor. If a guy was coming at me with a TPX, I wouldnt just stand their either. I think we need to support Schaeffer on this one. Also, nobody knows what Bret Smith did, as he was not seen in the video

Originally posted by Volsguy12@Apr 11, 2005 10:29 AM
I really hope these 2 guys havent messed up their careers at UT.

naw, they'll just be suspended for a few practices....it might cost Schaeffer any hope of a starting job though. I'm moree worried about Bret Smith...

At 5 AM?</span>

Geez&#33;&#33;

Sometimes these kids just go out of their way to put themselves in the wrong places at the wrong <span style=\'color:eek:range\'>TIME.

Why don&#39;t they get their butts at home and keep decent hours?

Grrrrr.

One lesson I have learned in my stint on this earth is that very, very few positive things happen between the hours of midnight and 6 a.m. Spend a night in the Trauma Bay at your local ER if you want to see for yourself.

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Apr 11, 2005 12:25 PM
One lesson I have learned in my stint on this earth is that very, very few positive things happen between the hours of midnight and 6 a.m. Spend a night in the Trauma Bay at your local ER if you want to see for yourself.

More often than not it&#39;s the dregs of society dropping in on the ER.

I&#39;ve had to go to the emergency room at that hour with a sick kid and I always wish I&#39;d remembered my firearm.

There was a video tape that tells a different story on this and I would llok for the student Emerson to be in trouble before its over with. Most people even football players don&#39;t take getting threatened with a baseball bat lightly.

Hey Emerson your stupid

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Apr 11, 2005 1:10 PM
There was a video tape that tells a different story on this and I would llok for the student Emerson to be in trouble before its over with. Most people even football players don&#39;t take getting threatened with a baseball bat lightly.

Hey Emerson your stupid

Yes I heard that Schaeffer was attempting to defend his gf

I guess you think screaming at someone is just talking and threatening someone with a baseball bat is saying hello. If it had been me that punk would be spending 6 months in rehab

Bottom line is, any football player who is out a 5 in the morning doesn&#39;t have their priorities straight. I know that they are just college kids and they will have their fun......but come on.

Tennessee has a chance at a a National Championship and this behavior is not National Championship type behavior. All these players getting in trouble need to get their priorities straight. If their number one priority is to be out until the butt crack of dawn partying and getting into fights, then they should just quit the team and do that and quit embarrassing themselves, the team and it&#39;s fans.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Apr 11, 2005 5:28 PM
Bottom line is, any football player who is out a 5 in the morning doesn&#39;t have their priorities straight. I know that they are just college kids and they will have their fun......but come on.

Tennessee has a chance at a a National Championship and this behavior is not National Championship type behavior. All these players getting in trouble need to get their priorities straight. If their number one priority is to be out until the butt crack of dawn partying and getting into fights, then they should just quit the team and do that and quit embarrassing themselves, the team and it&#39;s fans.

couldnt have said it better. 100% right.

they need to learn to respect this university. hell all of them do.

man, and smith is an awesome wideout man.

that hurts.

:banghead: :shakehead: :banghead:

On espn it says Bret Smith hit the guy when he was on the ground. Now that is pretty stupid.

Fulmer better get these guys under control. He needs to set some new ultimatum&#39;s or something. We have been getting way too much bad press this off season.

VN Store

Back