Schaeffers Transfer List And Vols Add Game

BeltwayVol

BRENT SCHAEFFER OFFICIALLY ASKS FOR RELEASE

Former Tennessee quarterback Brent Schaeffer has officially asked for and apparently received his release in order transfer to one of ten schools. Those schools included Pittsburgh, Maryland, Texas A&M, South Florida and Central Florida. Two other schools who reportedly were interested in Schaeffer, Kansas and Tennessee Tech, were not on the list. Central Florida head coach George O'Leary confirmed receipt of the release but said he has not talked to Schaeffer or anyone in his family.

"This time of year we get a lot of these," O'Leary told the Orlando Sentinel. "If we got one of these, I imagine a lot of people did."

Of particular note is Central Florida. Coach Phillip Fulmer had agreed to release Schaeffer to any non-SEC school not appearing on the Vols' schedule in the next four years. Central Florida is currently scheduled to play in Knoxville in 2007, but NewsTalk 100's Jimmy Hyams reported Wednesday that game may not be played. The inclusion of UCF on Schaeffer's list seems to be another indication of that game's potential cancellation.

TENNESSEE ADDS HOME GAME FOR 2007

Tennessee Athletic Director Mike Hamilton said that Northern Illinois has agreed to play in Knoxville as the 12th game in the 2007 season, although a contract formalizing the agreement has not yet been signed. Should the Central Florida game be cancelled, the Vols will still be looking for an additional opponent for the 2006 and 2007 seasons.

Hamilton has also expressed a disinterest in considering 1-AA schools even though Division 1-A schools may now count one of those contests per year towards their victory total and bowl eligibilty requirements. Tennessee is the only SEC school over the last five years not to have played a Division 1-AA opponent. In fact, the Vols last played a 1-AA team in 1983, defeating The Citadel 45-6. The Bulldogs were chosen as a last minute replacement for a previously scheduled 1-A team. Can you name the team The Citadel replaced as an opponent for Tennessee at the Liberty Bowl in Memphis in 1983?

Thanks to Steve "Parrothead Vol" Wilmoth, who is Assistant Editor of TriCitiesSports.com

Tennessee is the only SEC school over the last five years not to have played a Division 1-AA opponent. In fact, the Vols last played a 1-AA team in 1983,

Take that Auburn!

Looks from all thats been posted and ive read thus far, he's ucf usf bound?

I wouldnt mind see'n him at Maryland and there offense provided coaching/staff and the Offense stayed intact?....random thought i suppose. He gets his act together he could provide someone a nice weapon. (and not in the form of a bat)

Yeah, I would want to get out of a city called coxville also.

too bad he was staying in a city named knoxville then huh???

Originally posted by vols2345@May 15, 2005 12:00 AM
Yeah, I would want to get out of a city called coxville also. 
too bad he was staying in a city named knoxville then huh???
[snapback]93884[/snapback]​

I am not to sure I got that one either. :bash: :blink:

Originally posted by vol_freak@May 14, 2005 11:02 PM
I am not to sure I got that one either.  :bash:  :blink:
[snapback]93885[/snapback]​

Yay is just another bammer trying to stir hate and discontent amoung our Nation.

:thefinger: bama!

Originally posted by IBleedOrange24/7@May 13, 2005 6:23 PM
Looks from all thats been posted and ive read thus far, he's ucf usf bound?

I wouldnt mind see'n him at Maryland and there offense provided coaching/staff and the Offense stayed intact?....random thought i suppose.  He gets his act together he could provide someone a nice weapon.  (and not in the form of a bat)
[snapback]93481[/snapback]​

I agree, who would want to be a QB on a potential National championship team?

I'd much rather play for lowered expectations, say a 6-6 team that is currently on probation.

lets play some of the good mid major teams.

like lousiville, utah, someone out of conference usa.

screw central florida. lets play good teams.

Originally posted by Yay Vols@May 14, 2005 10:58 PM
Atleast one Vol has his head on straight...smart enough to get the hell out of Coxville.
[snapback]93882[/snapback]​

At least one Vol is dumb enough to leave.....He could have been a HUGE part of a national championship team but he wanted to leave because he wasn't good enough....On his worst day he was better than your precious Brodie Croyle.....Go back to the Bammer boards no one wants you here....SHOO :neener:

Originally posted by Yay Vols@May 14, 2005 10:58 PM
Atleast one Vol has his head on straight...smart enough to get the hell out of Coxville.
[snapback]93882[/snapback]​

He could go to Alabama where dreams of breaking .500 are maybe...just possibly within reach

As much as they both (brent)&(buhma) stay in trouble heck that might work out. He's a far better QB than what they have going right now

VN Store

Back